Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 01:20:16 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Job Size problem. Help Please??  (Read 3306 times)

Re: Mach 3 Job Size problem. Help Please??
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2022, 04:02:42 AM »
Hi. Charlie. Well now I'm more confused than ever. Installed Mach on a Win 7 laptop as that is the only other computer I have. Same result without the 6040 hooked up. loading a file looks wrong.  Same problem as above.  Tried to connect the 6040. Would not move. Soooo. The only time it looks and works correct is when installed on XP. I'd be happy with that but can't get the 6040 to move. Have absolutely no idea what to do next. I've had about ten years happily making all sorts of stuff on my other CNC and can't believe the situation I'm now in.!!! Looks like I should have got the serial port version. At least I know it works. Trouble is I have no money left to do anything else.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2022, 03:40:21 PM »
You need to post your XML file and some screen shots so we can work out what is going on here.

Also put a link to the site you got the details for the machine, this will help us work out if the XML file is correct.

We also need the g-code file you are loading that shows the wrong size.

How do you create the g-code?

Mach3 will run on win7 32 or 64 but many of the drivers are 32 bit only so that is why Win XP is better.

I would suggest you wipe the Mach3 folder from the XP computer and do a new install using this version:-

https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe

If you have a paid for licence file on your other machine copy it to this one, the one on the Chinese disk is a pirate copy and causes problems.  If you do not have one use it in demo mode for now.

Make sure you put the plugin from the Chinese disk in the right place within Mach3 folder and select that on the device window.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 03:57:11 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2022, 07:51:26 PM »
Hi. Graham. Where do I find the XML file??? The machine was bought through Ebay. The seller calls themselves "hotbid" Gcode was created in Aspire Gcode inch. Have done hundreds of them as we make timber Jewellery. never had an issue. I will put some things together as you suggest and post them. When copy and paste the file as in the chinese instructions it was very hard to follow as they were poorly done so I pasted the 6040 file they specified straight into Mach 3 in C drive. I did not open it first because could not understand the chinese symbols. I did open the C drive folder after and the Licence is in there so figured it would work and as I said in my post it did work perfectly for one time only. Job size and machine behavior perfect. Is the XP not happening because incorrect Driver I'm wondering?? Mach 3 looks and acts correct on XP and the USB connection is locked. Just won't run the machine. ie. No movement but the steppers are locked so must be communicating I think. If I could solve that issue I could just use XP as  the software seems ok on that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:55:27 PM by ronniecruisin »
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2022, 08:39:21 PM »
This to Charlie. I did respond to your message but looking at the list don't know if it went. We get terrible internet here.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2022, 05:10:18 AM »
Hi Ronnie,
  No worries. You XML file is in the Mach3 folder.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 05:29:03 PM »
Hi. All. Found the XML file. Do I open it ? Also a typical file from our Jewellery jobs. Also a photo of the file that worked correctly. The size of this piece is 180mm x 100mm. if I attempt to run that same file now it would be treated as though it was a few mms x a few mms. The machine makes all the moves but in miniature. Now i have looked online for a solution to running with XP with a USB connection. I'm finding it almost impossible to get an answer. The general opinion seems to be you can't just plug in to a USB port. The program I got with the machine runs the win7 machine from the USB port. But the same program will not run it on an XP machine through the USB port. Can you tell me why???The connection does lock the steppers but no movement. From what I see online there is nobody who's had this exact same issue as me. Lucky me! >:D I will now attempt to upload a couple photos and a file for you...Regards   Ronnie.
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 05:32:53 PM »
Don't know if you got two of the uploads. Only showing Cats. The XML file shows a date 19/1/2008

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2022, 03:17:26 AM »
Don't know if you got two of the uploads. Only showing Cats. The XML file shows a date 19/1/2008

As the forum will not accept uploads of names already used you will need to rename your .xml file to something like Ronnie.xml before it can be uploaded.
PEACE
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2022, 05:22:31 AM »
Hi Ronnie,
   Looking at your tap file the x and y moves are in the thousands of a inch. so yea the moves will be very small.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2022, 06:11:26 AM »
Hi Charlie. The Cats or whatever other pieces we cut are roughly between 20 to 60 mm in size and we usually do a run of them depending on the timber size offcut we have. The machine as I said is now cutting the file with tiny movements. it is following the file but so small you would not be able to tell what the image is. Basically a piece of timber say 200mm square covered with a number of images would be reduced to just a few mms square. As I said the clue is in the screen on Mach 3. The cursor red line movements Flash across the image with only the barest touch of the keyboard X or Y. This is not normal even with no file, the Mach 3 is running wrong. The same Mach 3 on the old XP computer works correctly with the red cursor lines crossing the screen at a normal rate with one of our typical files loaded. I just can't get the machine to move on the XP.