Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:48:21 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Job Size problem. Help Please??  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Job Size problem. Help Please??
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 07:00:10 PM »
Are you running the licence file that came with the machine?
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 07:08:39 PM »
How do I do that.?? I'm assuming mine is a Chinese knockoff. So probably not a supported by Artsoft version I'm guessing. I also have a 6090 machine which after many good years has a problem with the Breakout board which is why I got the new 6040. Could not find spare parts for the 6090 anywhere. It came with similar Mach 3 too. Have had no issues with it. It and the machine is XP only. I did consider using that software but could not get the driver alone for the 6040 assuming it would not run without it.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
Hi. Graham. Yes copied and pasted it as instructed. As I have had success once I assume that can't be the problem.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 07:11:59 PM »
The machine is running perfectly. It is only the size issue that i'm having.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2022, 01:23:55 AM »
Hi. All. Been having another go at getting my machine to work. I'm wondering if the problem is the Table size. ie Is the machine thinking it's too big??? It certainly looks it on the screen compared with the file image. If I reset the XYZ to zero in the tool screen the image looks right but a tiny move shoots across the image fast and the machine if running the program barely moves at all. Only a few MMs. Trouble is I had such a good run with none of this type of problem with my old 6090. It just worked straight off. This is extremely frustrating especially as it did work perfectly for one piece! Anyway Thanks all for trying to help. I'll try reloading from scratch the software.  Regards...Ronnie.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2022, 05:56:06 AM »
 Hi Ronnie,

Here is the link to mach3 downloads. https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach3/just scroll down until you see  that ends with .062 and download. The machine with the bad breakout board is it a usb connection? if so this is probably what it has https://buildyourcnc.com/Item/electronicsAndMotors-electronic-component-breakout-Mach3-USB-Board
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2022, 05:24:51 PM »
Hi. Charlie. Thanks for that. I'll give that a go. The 6090 machine is a Stepmores. It's a Serial port connection. When fired up from cold if looking at the Breakout board the green strip leds light in sequence depending which axis you're moving. Within under a minute some of those leds dim and the X and Z axis is very rough if moving at all Y axis still smooth, so I'm assuming that the board has the issue.... Regards  Ronnie.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 06:00:43 PM »
Hi. Charlie. Just went to the link you sent but couldn't see .062 Is there another one that would be ok??
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 06:16:50 PM »
Sorry Charlie . Found it. The whole number doesn't show until you start download. Thank you. Most appreciated. Regards... Ronnie.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2022, 11:08:55 PM »
Hi. Charlie. downloaded the file. Same problem. So as an experiment I installed Mach 3 on an old XP machine. So I now had the same on both Win7 and XP. On XP no machine hooked up the program looked as it should with the cursor lines travel X and Y scrolling correctly. Same test on the Win 7 computer? Cursor moving too quickly across file. I suspect the win 7 computer as the culprit. It has a virtual XP mode built in to Win 7. Maybe that is a problem. Unfortunately I can't run the 6040 as The XP doesn't seem to recognize the RNR eco motion controller. The WIN 7 asks if I want to use the controller at the USB port. I don't know how to do this on the XP computer. And unfortunately I don't have another WIN7 to try.