Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:45:49 PM

Author Topic: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup  (Read 2769 times)

CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup
« on: June 18, 2022, 12:05:46 AM »
Hello.
I am not sure if I am in right place here, but I do not know where to ask anymore.
I am building my cnc and I just can not connect it to my motors.

I have ESS, CNC4PC C82 board delta servo motors 750W and I am trying to run it thru mach4. I connected cards to PC thru ethernet cable and all lights are green.  Once I connect motors, than green light on the C82 is blinking and red lights are on.

I am also getting some error message about pins or E stop. Is there someone who can help me how to set it up correctly?

Thank you very much.
Re: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 05:19:43 PM »
Hi,
your description suggests that if you have a Estop switch its reversed.

In the Ports&Pins tab of the ESS plugin reverse the Active Low/Active High setting.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 09:41:11 PM »
Hi,
I used 750W Delta B2 series servos in my recent mill build, they are great. They work best, or no so much best, but fastest, with
differential Step/Dir inputs. Does the C82 have differential Step/Dir outputs?

Craig
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 02:45:24 AM »
Hi,
I used 750W Delta B2 series servos in my recent mill build, they are great. They work best, or no so much best, but fastest, with

Craig

Thank you very much for your message and your help. I tried to reverse pins in ESS plugin, but nothing changed.
I am able to run jogging via mach4 but only for few seconds. Than I am getting Estop condition. I have to press enable again and I can run motors for maximum of 2-3 seconds and Estop condition again.

Regarding Step/dir outputs, C82 board does not have it, but I have it on the C34D which is connected to delta drive into CN1 and Ethernet cable is plugged in and connected to C82 card. There are 2 pins marked as step direction or differencial. I changed pin, but I did not notice any difference. Maybe direction of motor? I did not pay attention to that.

Please let me know if it makes any sense to you or if you have any suggestions....

Thank you again.

Thomas

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 08:49:35 PM »
Hi,

I have to press enable again and I can run motors for maximum of 2-3 seconds and Estop condition again.

Then electrical noise from the servos is affecting the EStop circuit. Why?

Craig
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 10:22:48 PM »

What do you think, what can be done to fix it? Is it something I need to program in the servo driver?
Or can we just change something in the MACH setting ?
I did not install limit switches yet, do you think it can affect it?
Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 01:56:29 AM »
Hi,
OK I think you have a problem.

One possibility is that as one or more of the servos operate it is triggering a circuit that Estop the machine.

Another possibility is that one or more of the servos is throwing an alarm which triggers an Estop.

What I would o is disconnect any wiring going to the Estop input of your breakout board. That would preclude any electrical interference.
I would also disconnect ALL but one servo.

Until you track down this problem having multiple servos is just adding confusion.

How have you hooked up each servo, in particular is there a servo alarm output which is directed to the BoB?
Did you solder up the CN1 plug? How did you do it? Do you have  circuit diagram of what you did? Note the a Servo Alarm
output can be active High OR active Low, depending on how you program it.

Craig
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 10:18:07 AM »
Thank you for checking, I will try to play with disconnecting servos and doing it one by one. Meanwhile here is the link so you can see how I hooked up CN1 to the BoB. I used thiw connector.

https://www.cnc4pc.com/c34de-ab-driver-to-rj45-connector-board-for-delta-asda-ab.html
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 10:31:55 AM »
Hi,

Craig

Which BoB did you use with delta servo and what programming you did on the delta servo ? Maybe I will try to do same programming on mine and try. Or in worst case if you can help me I will just purchase same BoB as you have.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »
I found out one more thing.
When I disabled Estop in ESS configuration input signals, and I jog from position 0 to position X motor will rotate for approximately 2 seconds, after 2 seconds everything freezes (Estopcondition) than after 1-2 seconds it will continue for another 2 seconds.
So it looks like Estop signal is sent from the board in intervals every 2-3 seconds which last for a second or 2.