Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 05:07:59 AM

Author Topic: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup  (Read 2808 times)

Re: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
Hi,

When I disabled Estop in ESS configuration input signals, and I jog from position 0 to position X motor will rotate for approximately 2 seconds, after 2 seconds everything freezes (Estopcondition) than after 1-2 seconds it will continue for another 2 seconds.
So it looks like Estop signal is sent from the board in intervals every 2-3 seconds which last for a second or 2.

That is not an Estop condition, once a macghine is Estopped is MUST br RESET before it will operate again.

Which BoB did you use with delta servo and what programming you did on the delta servo ? Maybe I will try to do same programming on mine and try. Or in worst case if you can help me I will just purchase same BoB as you have.

I designed and made my own breakout board. I programmed the drives to suit. I populated the CN1 plug with the wires I required.

The link you provided to the adaptor board is of little use. It does not specify what happens to the servo alarm signal. It does not look like it hooks to the breakout board at all.
The single most important point about using a servo is that it should fault out if  the commanded position deviates from the actual position by my than the programmable 'Following Error Window'.
The servo should stop and the drive produce an alarm output which should Estop the machine. Without the servo alarm how is the machine supposed to Estop?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2022, 05:00:55 PM »
Hi,
what drives do you have? Are they ASDA-AB or ASDA-B2?

Digital Output 5 of the drive is pinned out to pin 27=DO5- and pin 28=DO5+, which according to page 6 of the C34DE-AB manual are hooked to pins 4 and 5 of the RJ45 connector....
but what happens to it thereafter? Does it get hooked to the breakout board or what?

Craig
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2022, 11:37:30 PM »
Hi,

When I disabled Estop in ESS configuration input signals, and I jog from position 0 to position X motor will rotate for approximately 2 seconds, after 2 seconds everything freezes (Estopcondition) than after 1-2 seconds it will continue for another 2 seconds.
So it looks like Estop signal is sent from the board in intervals every 2-3 seconds which last for a second or 2.

That is not an Estop condition, once a macghine is Estopped is MUST br RESET before it will operate again.

Which BoB did you use with delta servo and what programming you did on the delta servo ? Maybe I will try to do same programming on mine and try. Or in worst case if you can help me I will just purchase same BoB as you have.

I designed and made my own breakout board. I programmed the drives to suit. I populated the CN1 plug with the wires I required.

The link you provided to the adaptor board is of little use. It does not specify what happens to the servo alarm signal. It does not look like it hooks to the breakout board at all.
The single most important point about using a servo is that it should fault out if  the commanded position deviates from the actual position by my than the programmable 'Following Error Window'.
The servo should stop and the drive produce an alarm output which should Estop the machine. Without the servo alarm how is the machine supposed to Estop?

Craig

Woow, very nice job.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 11:47:36 PM »
Hi,
what drives do you have? Are they ASDA-AB or ASDA-B2?

Digital Output 5 of the drive is pinned out to pin 27=DO5- and pin 28=DO5+, which according to page 6 of the C34DE-AB manual are hooked to pins 4 and 5 of the RJ45 connector....
but what happens to it thereafter? Does it get hooked to the breakout board or what?

Craig

My drives are ASD-B2 -0721-B
C34 was recommended by Arturo from CNC4PC, I purchased everything from him.
Now I am checking his site and I see he recommended C34DE-AB - Driver to RJ45 Connector Board for Delta ASDA-AB
But he also has C34DE - for DELTA B2 Driver
I will call him tomorrow and will order other C34 for delta B2.
He is trying to help me for almost 3 weeks, but unfortunately no success.
Do you think I should try other C34 for delta b2 driver?
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 12:24:09 AM »
Hi,

I don't know. The problem is that I don't understand what Arturo has done and in particular how the liitle adaptor boards are wired. Clearly he made them to suit but they are still
not plug and play.

I soldered eight wires into the plug that came with the drive, and that plugs into CN1. The other end hooks direct to my breakout board, I don't have any little adaptor board in between.

May I suggest you ask him to give you an accurate and detailed circuit diagram for the little boards you've got and lets see if we cant adapt them to your drives. He may not wish to part
with this information, and I understand why, but if you are going to be able to use the hardware he has supplied then I think hes honour bound to do so.

Other than that I would make my own. In fact I did make my own.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 12:28:12 AM »
Hi,

I don't know. The problem is that I don't understand what Arturo has done and in particular how the liitle adaptor boards are wired. Clearly he made them to suit but they are still
not plug and play.

I soldered eight wires into the plug that came with the drive, and that plugs into CN1. The other end hooks direct to my breakout board, I don't have any little adaptor board in between.

May I suggest you ask him to give you an accurate and detailed circuit diagram for the little boards you've got and lets see if we cant adapt them to your drives. He may not wish to part
with this information, and I understand why, but if you are going to be able to use the hardware he has supplied then I think hes honour bound to do so.

Other than that I would make my own. In fact I did make my own.

Craig

I already sent him an email. I will ask for the diagram too.
Unfortunately I am not capable to make something like this on my own.
Unless you are willing to help me with this and maybe it will be faster solution, because I am trying to connect it for almost 3 weeks.  I understand it will not be for free :)
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2022, 12:34:08 AM »
Hi,
did you buy these drives new? If so then there should have come with them all the bits to make up the plug that goes into CN1.
Do you have it?

Do you have a soldering iron, a small one? The terminals on the back side of the plug are small but not insurmountable.

Where abouts are you?. I live in New Zealand so its bound to be a long way from you but if you posted me the plugs I could solder them up.

Craig
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2022, 01:01:28 AM »
I live in Florida. I think it will be a looong drive to you.
Yes I bought it new from cnc4pc.com website. If you can tell me exactly what I should do, I can brake one and I can play with it. I have 4 of them. I can try to solder it.

I also have soldering iron, the small one.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 01:07:07 AM »
Hi,
no I'm talking about the bare bones plug that comes with the drive.

Craig
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2022, 01:10:30 AM »
Ohh, I am sorry, but yes, I bought those new and I also have it.