Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:18:12 PM

Author Topic: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup  (Read 2768 times)

Re: CNC4PC ESS C82 mach4 setup
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2022, 02:15:36 AM »
Hi,
then instead of buying those adaptors which don't seem to work then get a C77 shield board. It allows that you put
wires direct into screw connectors. You would miss out on differential Step/Dir outputs, but at least you'd get the bloody thing
to go.

What you would do is solder wires directly into the plug (that goes into CN1) and connect them to plain old screw terminals
on the C82/C77 combo. Simple.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 02:37:13 AM »
I just checked it, so I will need ESS plus C82 plus C77 ?
I definitely can order it right away and I should have it within 2 days if its in stock. Than I do not need to connect motors via ethernet cable into C82?
I am really sorry, but I dont really understand how it will be connected.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2022, 03:20:37 AM »
Hi,
yes you require the ESS, a C82 breakout board and a C77 shield board.

Lets count up the wires you will need as a nminimum to hook up a servo.

You'll need one wire for the Step signal, and another for the Direction signal. You'll need a signal return wire.
You'll need one wire to each servo to enable it, and another wire for the drive to signal an error. Optionally you'll
need a Reset wire. If the drive errors out for any reason you either have to depower the servo/servos and rstart OR you signal a RESET
with one additional wire.

Counting up:
1 Step
1 Direction
1 Signal return/0V
1 SON (Delta shorthand for Servo ON, ie enable)
1 FLT (Delta shorthand for servo error)
1 RST (Delta shorthand for Reset)
TOTAL=6 wires

Note this is for single ended signaling. Differential signaling is preferred but requires more wires and more circuitry. Supposedly the boards you
have will do differential signaling, but for whatever reason you can't get them to work....so I would forgo differential signaling for the moment.
Start simple, and once you get that sorted then try differential.

A second issue is that you could wire the servos such that as soon as the power is applied they are enabled, it works and is easy but I prefer to
have my servos software enabled. I have one enable output from the ESS, going to the BoB and then connected to all the servos. When I hit
the Mach Enable/Disable button the servos follow suit, easy.

I hadn't thought to ask, but do you have the programming cable and the Delta software to program your drives? You'll need it. Trying to program
the drives by pushing buttons like a microwave is just too error prone....you won't do it.

Because you are using a C82 you have to be conservative with inputs, you just don't have that many. It makes sense then to combine all the
servo FLT lines into one input so that if any one or more servos fault then Mach will know and most probably Estop.

My breakout board has all three ESS ports developed so I have 31 inputs, so I can afford to be a bit free with them. So much so that I have one input for
each servo, up to six of them. I have LEDs on Machs screen so that if a servo faults I can tell which axis. If you combine all fault signals
into one input then you lose that ability.

Will do a bit more research and add further posts.

Craig
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2022, 10:11:46 PM »
OK sounds good, lets do it.
I have delta cable for programming. I already tried to tune servo motors, it did not show me any errors.
I have all necessary wires. I will just order C77 and we can start working on it.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »
Hi,
I've had a closer look at the output situation. The Step/Dir outputs are only 5V.
There are 24V capable outputs and they would be used for SON and RST, but there are not enough to do all the Step/Dir outputs.

ASDA-B2 servos require 24V input signals for single ended Ste/Dir signaling. There is a possible work-around that would allow 5V single ended signaling, but it would be confusing
and outside of manufacturers recommendation. If you were around the corner and could test it out prior to deploying it, that would be fine. As you are half a world away
I don't think the risk is warranted.

The Step/Direction outputs of the C82 (without any intervention by a shield) are 5VTTL. To take them to 24V would require a single transistor or MOSFET per output.
With a three axis machine that would require  six transistors/MOSFETs, not to difficult. If however you want to progress to differential signaling in the future then it makes sense to do it now.
That would require two 26LS31 IC's. These are quadruple line-drivers. How do you feel about making a little circuit board that has two 16 pin IC on it?

I could alternately make the circuit board myself and post it to you. I make circuit boards day in, day out, so is no drama, but there would be some delay with postage.

Craig
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2022, 11:28:17 PM »
Hello.
and thank you again for checking.
This machine will be 4 axis. It comes with tangential blade.

Regarding how do I feel about making the board? I have no problem with it, if you can send me diagrams or any kind of documentation. I am sure I can do it. Also if you can provide exact part number what to buy I can purchase everything on amazon.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2022, 12:22:39 AM »
Hi,
so you have four servos, is that correct? Does the tangential blade have any servo/motor/actuator?

Craig
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 12:25:04 AM »
4 servo motors correct.
On tangentional blade I only have sensor for homing.

I only have a whole machine without motors and drivers, Those got burned out :(
So I am replacing it and connecting new motors
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2022, 12:36:02 AM »
Hi,
OK, so you require four servos.

The choices are to use 24V singled ended signaling, because its easiest, OR use differential signaling (5V by the way) because its fastest.

If you wish to use differential signalling then I would make a circuit board for you and send it to you, unless your happy using perforated Vero board?
If however your happy with single ended signaling, which is by no means bad by the way, then Vero board and a few transistors is easily doable.

What do you prefer to do?

Craig
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2022, 01:11:28 AM »
I would like to have it finished ASAP and hopefuly I will not loose any accuracy. So what you think is best quality and fastest. I dont think its a good idea for single ended signaling.

Do you have a skype or whatsup? maybe we can do details there.