Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:26:13 AM

Author Topic: computer shuts down when I try to load Mach 3  (Read 4170 times)

Re: computer shuts down when I try to load Mach 3
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 05:05:30 PM »
I have been getting all of this stuff together and am thinking about putting this on a USB stick so I can download it later. The only thing i saw that looked strange was the license file when I opened it to look at it to be sure I had done it right all that was there was a bunch of squiggly lines and dots like it's some kind of code or something. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like that or not.

Also, I've heard that Mach 3 won't work on a win 10 64 bit system. What I am wondering if I could put it on my win 10 machine just long enough to put it on a usb stick. Or would it be better just to download it to the control computer and be done with it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 05:18:27 PM by olddude »
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 05:57:15 PM »
The only download site is this one that hosts this forum :)

https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/mach3-downloads/

From your current installation, from c:\mach3 folder copy all .xml files to the USB stick, as well as all *.set files.
Then copy c:\mach3\brains folder to the stick if you have some brains used in your system.
Next, copy c:\mach3\bitmaps folder to the stick if you use some screenset different from derfault one.
And do not forget to copy c:\mach3\mach1lic.dat file to the stick, that is your license file.

Reinstall official version of Mach3 and copy back the files from the stick to the appropriate folders.

Hi, I haven't been on this forum in a few years and found this post when researching some XML config file oddities produced by my 3.043.066 version from a few years ago.

ZaSto, are you saying the current Mach3 download is version 3.043.062, even though the filename ends with just 3.043? 

My last Mach3 Mill downloads were 3.043.022 in March 2018 and 3.043.066 in April 2018.

That you mentioned 3.043.066 was buggy interested me as this is what I've used since 2018 and I've noticed some very weird irregularities with saved XML Config files.

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2022, 03:07:07 AM »
@olddude: Of course that the license file looks "funny" as it is encrypted in some way. It is not a plain text file (that is the reason it cost some $) :)

@airnocker: Even it is named 3.043 only, in fact it is 3.043.062, see attached picture. As my memory serves, 066 had more bugs that were introduced, so it was decided to ditch that version and declare 062 as the last one.
Development of Mach3 finished some, if I remember, seven years ago so our wishes for bug fixes and program enhancements would be just barking in the wind.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 09:28:43 AM »
Thanks, that's what I was thinking But how about the download from the win 10 computer thing or just download it to the control computer? Sorry I just don't want to end up worst than I am now.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:48 AM »
You can download it to the W10 computer and transfer it to your work one over UCB Stick :)
My advise is to keep work computer away from Internet.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 11:15:59 AM »
Thanks..........
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »
@ZaSto: Thanks for confirming that.  I did get the .062 version by going to the Mach3 download archive and getting it there, where by the way .066 is still available.

For the record, and for future reference, I believe I downloaded and installed .066 in 2018 having noticed a new release.  Although I never ran into any 2D milling issues with .066 I did find that about a half a dozen new .XML config files that I made with it were very screwy and caused initialization problems when I attempted to use any of them.  Only when I used my earlier .XML config files did Mach3 load and run normally. 

Maybe this was one of the bugs.

I know plan to revert back to .062 when convenient.
airnocker

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 03:15:53 PM »
Man this thing is going to drive me nuts. I downloaded the new mach3 program on to a disk but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to get it off and on to the computer. I would download it right off the download page if I could get the Mach3 site to open on that computer. I have both firefox and Google on that computer but neither will load the mach3 sites. I get a message we cannot connect to the server at www.Machsupport.com. I know it's on line because I can open comcast and get my e-mail and a couple other sites.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 03:43:28 PM »
Man this thing is going to drive me nuts. I downloaded the new mach3 program on to a disk but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to get it off and on to the computer. I would download it right off the download page if I could get the Mach3 site to open on that computer. I have both firefox and Google on that computer but neither will load the mach3 sites. I get a message we cannot connect to the server at www.Machsupport.com. I know it's on line because I can open comcast and get my e-mail and a couple other sites.

When you downloaded the Mach3 program it would have prompted you to choose where you want to save that file. 
Use a USB thumb drive (USB memory stick) in the computer you successfully downloaded the Mach3 install program and copy that file to the memory stick.
Move the memory stick to the other computer, let it open to view the files on it.  Copy and past the Mach3 install program on this 2nd computer.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
airnocker

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 11:44:53 PM »
Well that is what I thought I did. When I look at the USB stick I can see Mach 3 and all of the files. I put it into the computer and the box with a couple options popped up and I clicked the box to view files. I found the mach3 files that were on the computer then I went to C drive and found the USB stick and pulled it up. I left clicked the Mach3 folder and the box came up and I clicked copy but it didn't say anything about where I wanted to copy it to, so I clicked the 'send to' line and sent it to the Mach3 'old version' that is on the computer. A download box came up saying it was taking the files from the USB stick and sending them to the computer. I took about a minute for the files to be finish downloading and once done I clicked ok and exited the screen. I removed the USB drive and checked to see what had happened. I opened the mack3 program but it was still on the .066 version.

Before I did that I tried to drag the mach3 folder from the USB stick on to the desktop. I could see the mac3 folder on the desktop but didn't know what to do from there so I gave up until I could figure out what to do next. I'm sure it's just something dumb that I did or didn't do that's the problem I just can't figure what.