Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:03:33 AM

Author Topic: computer shuts down when I try to load Mach 3  (Read 4277 times)

Re: computer shuts down when I try to load Mach 3
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2022, 01:06:05 AM »
Thanks, but I have gone through all of this and I still can't get the program to start once it is on the win 7 computer. When I look at the Mach3 folder on the usb disk and right click it to bring up properties in the box where the name is all it says is Mach3. There is no mach3 ver 3.043.exe.

I don't know if I will be able to mess with this tomorrow but Sun I'll start from scratch and uninstall the mach3 that is on my win 10 computer then reinstall it then try and get that on another USB disk and see what happens.

All I'm saying is that I have copied and pasted what is on the USB disk to the win 7 computer but it will not launch the program. I've copied it to the desktop, to my documents folder and to the downloads folder with all the same results. The only thing I can figure is that I'm doing something wrong when transferring either from the mach 3 site to the win 10 computer, or from the win 10 computer to the USB drive.  But most likely from the USB disk to the control computer. I've messed with this thing so much this week that I can't even think straight anymore. That's why I asked that dumb question today about where the mach3.exe file was because according to what I see in the mach3folder properties on the USB stick there is no mach3. ver 3.043 anywhere.

If That dang win 7 computer would let me get on the mach3 download site I would just download it straight from there on the the control computer and be done with it. For some reason that computer don't like the mach3 site. I can't get on the download site or the forums with firefox or google. I had that problem on my XP computer one time where it wouldn't load certain sites and I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2022, 02:58:56 AM »
From what you've written, you have INSTALLED Mach 3 on your W10 computer :)
Installation file should be SAVED on your W10 computerand transferred to your W7 computer. Just that, just one file.
Then you run that file on your W7 computer to (re)install Mach3.

How to just save the download on Win10 instead of running it - I cant tell you. I have nothing newer than W7 on my computers, and for surfing, reading firums, ... I use my Linux machine.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 10:11:17 AM »
Well guys, after a week of clicking and pecking......and a little, more like a LOT of cussing I think I finally got this puppy whipped. I'll know for sure once I get it back to the shop and connected to the table.

I think my whole problem was when I installed the program on to the win 10 computer, if I had just copied it to my desktop and then sending it to the USB stick I would have been done a week ago. When I clicked on the file it downloaded the program on to the win 10 computer and once it did that the file was no longer an exe file but rather just Mach3 and when clicked on all it would do is open the program.

This morning at about 3 AM when my eyes were crossed and dripping with blood all of a sudden the stars lined up and I had that what if moment. I went back to the mach3 download page and downloaded the program to my desktop and copied it to the USB stick then went down to the control computer backed up the old version already on the computer, stuck the USB stick in and went over to where the stick was on the computer and opened the files on the stick. Then found the Mach3.exe file there and copied it to my desktop, removed the USB stick, then went to the new mach3 icon that was now on the desktop and clicked it and bam it downloaded and I then had the .062 version safely onto the control computer. I verified that it was fact the .062 version and in a grand total of 14 min I had done what I spent a whole week tying to do.

Thank to all you guys that took the time and patients to put up with me and thanks ZASto for bringing it to my attention that I needed to make an eye exam appointment. ;D
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2022, 05:54:21 PM »
Well guys, after a week of clicking and pecking......and a little, more like a LOT of cussing I think I finally got this puppy whipped. I'll know for sure once I get it back to the shop and connected to the table.

I think my whole problem was when I installed the program on to the win 10 computer, if I had just copied it to my desktop and then sending it to the USB stick I would have been done a week ago. When I clicked on the file it downloaded the program on to the win 10 computer and once it did that the file was no longer an exe file but rather just Mach3 and when clicked on all it would do is open the program.

This morning at about 3 AM when my eyes were crossed and dripping with blood all of a sudden the stars lined up and I had that what if moment. I went back to the mach3 download page and downloaded the program to my desktop and copied it to the USB stick then went down to the control computer backed up the old version already on the computer, stuck the USB stick in and went over to where the stick was on the computer and opened the files on the stick. Then found the Mach3.exe file there and copied it to my desktop, removed the USB stick, then went to the new mach3 icon that was now on the desktop and clicked it and bam it downloaded and I then had the .062 version safely onto the control computer. I verified that it was fact the .062 version and in a grand total of 14 min I had done what I spent a whole week tying to do.

Thank to all you guys that took the time and patients to put up with me and thanks ZASto for bringing it to my attention that I needed to make an eye exam appointment. ;D

dude, I recommend that you make the following change to the way your Win10 File Manager displays your files so that it displays the file extensions ( .exe and others).

With File Manager open, hopefully you are showing the command bar with "View", click View and make sure the box on the far right in the Show/Hide section is checked that says "File Name Extensions".

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2022, 07:30:45 PM »
Thanks......I think I got it all sorted out now but Now I need to get all the set and XLM files copied to the program. It found the license file though.