Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:00:34 PM

Author Topic: Pierce Height in Mach4  (Read 4020 times)

Re: Pierce Height in Mach4
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »
Boy do I wish you were here, spent the whole morning try to get my torch to fire off. Come to find out that my pin number was wrong, I didn't change the number when I changed the pin. Now that I get my torch to fire off, another problem. Torch fires off then turns off, history: ESS: Arc Okay(THC On) Went Out!!! Activating Feed Hold Now. I going to make a short MCI in a straight line and see if it will move, I will let you know. I really appreciate all of your help, Thank You

Steve
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2021, 05:49:09 PM »
Hi Steve
Some progress - that's good, the torch won't continue to fire unless it's cutting metal don't worry about that. Now you have to torch relay working and if you have the stop after probing again try moving to the versions of Mach 4 and ESS plug in that I spoke of before.
Steve
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2021, 06:13:59 PM »
I haven't done anything today, been busy. Let me ask you a question do you think it is better to change my THC to the one that you have or try to stick this one out. With all the problems that I am having it might be easier. I will try to play around with it tomorrow, it has to be ARC OK, thats what I think is stopping the movement. Thanks again.

Steve
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2021, 06:22:33 PM »
Steve
I can highly recommend the TMC3in1 THC. It works great. The secret with THC is when not to use it such as crossing cut lines, the start and finish of cuts and when accelerating and slowing down from corners and the TMC3in1 handles all that with cut rules and the setup in the plugin. If you can get one of them it plugs directly into the ESS and communicates at high speed with the ESS. I can help a lot with the post processor for that as well.
Steve
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 02:28:41 PM »
Hello,
If you're having trouble with the "arc ok" go to Configure > Plasma screen configuration > Then use a register for your arc ok signal.
Make a static register and use that if you need to.
This will let you test to see if it's the arc ok signal that's the issue.
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »
Thanks GOOMBA, I did try it with no luck. It sounds like it would be arc ok. All it dose is probe then starts torch then stops and not move. Wallerawang I ordered the TMC 3in1 board from CNC4PC and just waiting for it then I will have to rewire it. I will be needing your help when all back together. Thanks again for all your help.

Steve
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2021, 03:53:12 PM »
I will be happy to when it gets there.
Steve
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2021, 03:55:09 PM »
While you are waiting - you could watch these - some very good info here although some of it won't make sense until you start cutting .

https://arclightcnc.com/sheetcam-tutorials/

Steve
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2021, 02:46:59 PM »
Wallerawang I am still waiting for THC3in1 control, they are saying that they are waiting for the new model. Coming out soon, I hope.
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »
No worries - that might be the "Warp Runner" I have heard about. It has the same height control functions as the the TMC3in1 with some extra leds for diagnosing faults.
Steve