Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:48:49 AM

Author Topic: Pierce Height in Mach4  (Read 4136 times)

Re: Pierce Height in Mach4
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2021, 05:25:48 PM »
I even went to the Sheetcam and asked which post to us for Mach4 and PriceCNC AVHC10. I haven't got any answer back yet, I will keep in touch.

Steve
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 07:10:30 PM »
Maybe one for the Proma? THC might work - they are similar to the Price THC.
Steve
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »
This is close, some how it will not load a G31 code for probe. The file name is Mach4_Plasma (Edited). I don't know how to load this file, its a TNG and I think that's why it will not load. I don't know how to change it.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 03:46:48 PM »
Can't help with that one, sorry. TNG  files are not something I use.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 04:41:25 PM »
I think that this other one is better to use, Plasma PriceCNC AVHC10 THC zFloat 2 Les with pierce delay-G31 Rob (edited). Do you have Sheetcam to look at the post on it or not. I don't know how to change the format so that I can upload it to the forum.

Thanks for your help, Steve
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 08:11:17 PM »
Hi Steve

I'm not a Plasmaspider contributor so I can't down the file. But I did find the forum post that talks about how to get it going and there is some good clues in there. https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&p=197265
It is worth trying that post yourself - I could try and run the post but I can't test it on my machine as we have different torch height control systems. But lets put that off for a bit.

But before we worry about getting the post processor correct I need to step back to the start with this and confirm the following things are working:

Probing - In the MDI can you command a probe and dose it work? Yes or No?

Turning the torch off and on. in the MDI can you command the torch on and off? Yes or No?

ARC okay signal working. When the torch is firing do you get an Arc OK signal in Mach 4? Yes or No?

Can you start by confirming all these functions are working and the signals are being seen by Mach 4.

After that we need to the Torch Voltage is being read okay into the Price unit OK.  - if that is good we need to get the Price control box set up correctly to suit different materials.

Can I ask what plasma source you are using? The manual for your plasma cutter will give you the required cutting voltages for each material. In the Price control box you set different cut voltages for each material.

Once the Price box is set for the correct voltage it will output up and down signals into Mach 4 to control the torch height. The Price box can simulate up and down moves to Mach 4. Can you do this simulation and is Mach 4 receiving these signals?

If you can confirm if all the above functions work OK then I can be sure if it is a problem with your machine or the post processor.

I'm sorry this is hard to do from a long way away and I just need to know what is happening. Don't worry we will get it going.

Steve

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 01:11:24 PM »
I just went through your questions, to start probing works. My torch on/off doesn't work, I checked wires and program they are ok. That is all I can test until I get my torch to fire off. I do have a relay to my plasma and that is still hooked up and wiring correct. I have a brand new Hypertherm powermax 85 and I am using all the parameters of voltages and speed of cut that is in the book.

Steve
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 03:37:24 PM »
Excellent plasma cutter - you won't have any issues with that.
Good news that your probing works.

Once you have all the functions working how they should we can go further - the torch not firing and no arc OK signal can cause the pauses you were speaking of.

Steve
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 06:09:42 PM »
I have been working on this table all day. This is what I come up with, probe works and touch it will retract up to pierce height. Then where the torch is suppose to fire it won't. All of my wiring is the same and not changed until I changed the Mach4 program to  the latest. Today I found out that the wire to my relay had no connection point on my BOB don't know why. I hooked it up to an out pin and tried it with no luck. What happen is when it went pass torch on the g-codes it would start the pattern as it thought torch was on and arc ok. I had a lot of trouble trying to get the right post into sheetcam it wanted to go back to M03 to turn torch and not M62/M63.I put that wire from relay to a post as I think that's what to do with it. I did try M03 it didn't turn it on. I am lost, sorry.

Steve
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 07:41:53 PM »
Hi Steve

Yes it can be very frustrating but just take one step at a time.

You don't want to use M03 or M05 to control your torch - they are not co-ordinated with your torch movements. Use M62 and M63 as your torch needs to start and stop at precise points times during movement - this is one of the differences between Mach 3 and Mach 4.

Re the wire from your Torch Relay to the Breakout Board - the Pin you have connected it to needs to be set in your outputs in the ESS plug so Mach knows what to do when you command a M62 or M63.

I wish I was around the corner from you - all this would only take an hour or so to sort out if I could see what was happening directly.

Steve