Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:27:54 PM

Author Topic: Pierce Height in Mach4  (Read 4102 times)

Re: Pierce Height in Mach4
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 06:23:16 PM »
It' very hard to diagnose problems over the forum but I'll try.
I am unfamiliar with the Price CNC plug in as well.

I opened your G Code Okay but some things look odd to me.
From your G Code:

Do you have a tool table set up? I see in your G code on line N0100 you have an M6 T1 - does the price cnc plug in set machine parameters via the tool table? - it would stop there waiting for you to hit the run button again to let Mach 4 know you have changed the tool.

Line N0060 - I can't see why you set the feed rate there when the next move not a g00 is the probing and it has a feed rate set on that line.

Again I'm not sure why you set a spindle speed on a plasma on line N0070.

N0110 I would have the Z height a lot higher than 0.080 to start the probing from - more like 2.0 in case your metal is a little warped.

N0140 and N0150 you just don't need -this is set on N0130?

N0160 and on makes sense to me.

Your G code is a little weird to me - but it could be things need by the Price plug in.

Can you try some things for me please?

1 With your machine is a safe position where it can not damage anything with a test fire of your torch - on the MDI can you issue a M62P3 - does that start the torch OK - Then issue a M63P3 to turn it off again straight away (a couple of seconds at most). Do you have a ARC OKAY signal and does it come on when the torch fires?

If you can't fire the torch and you don't get a ARC OKAY signal it would wait for that as well.

I guess you need to use the screen and plugins that work for you - the later ones should be better - I don't understand why your signals are not being recognised on the later versions.

We will just have to go through step by step to sort it out.

We need to confirm that the probe signal works and the torch fires Okay (using M62P3) you get an ARC OKAY signal as it fires and then you can turn the torch off with (M63P3) after that we will look further.

Try those couple of things and let me know how you go - we will get you going - it just might need a few tries of different things so we can eliminate possible troubles.

Steve

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 06:31:03 PM »
Oh and the G04 P200.00 on line N0180 is a 200 second pause - when you have a decimal point in it it's in seconds, take the decimal point out and set it for P200 (no decimal point and it is in milli seconds)- that's more what you need.
Steve

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know that much about the g-codes but all I did is made up the 6x6 plate in Sheetcam and loaded into Mach4. I have the parameters set up for the size of material cut its only suppose to be T1 for the 10GA steel to be cut. I don't know what M6 is for but other then that Sheetcam is picking up all the rest of the numbers. The M62/M63 works fine as it did before, What was happening it would make its first cut then move to the second cut and the pierce height was getting higher and higher.  and sometimes it would be dragging the plate on the table, my torch was not at cutting height.

I just wish I had someone like you close to help me with this table, I tried, even wrote a add in Craigslist with no answers.

Steve
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 08:07:05 PM »
It sure would be easy if I was there - I live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney in Australia so that won't be happening.

It might just be dodgy G code - the post processor in sheet cam might need editing.

So M62 and M63 work as they should - good that's one thing not to worry about.

If you are game you could try a few edits of the g code you posted - I don't know your machine so you will need to have your hand over the E Stop if you want to try this.

From the G code you posted here try these edits:

Take out lines N0060, N0070, N0100, N0130 and N0140. They are things I'm not sure you need in there.

Edit line N0180 to "G04 P200" - no decimal point or places.

I would like to know if this makes it at least probes and starts to cut. If the height wanders we will work on that next.

If that probes and starts to cut OK we will edit your post processor to give you good g code.

Steve

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 02:35:01 PM »
And I live in the Cascades Mt range next to Mt. Rainer of Washington. I change all the g-code for that 6x6 plate, I still have at cycle start it will only go to the second line and stop. So I moved it to line #No120 hit cycle start, it will start to probe retract to pierce height of 0.15 move to M62P3 where the torch is to lite and doesn't lite. It stops at line N0190. I am going to go to Sheetcam and make sure that my torch on/off is there. Thanks again for the help.

Steve
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 03:42:12 PM »
Wallerawang another thing is when I went back into Sheetcam and M62/M63 is there so I made another practice plate uploaded it to Mach4. What came up was M03/M04 to fire torch. I even went back into post processor of Sheetcam and it had M62/M63 to fire torch. I did try the M03 to fire it but nothing. I did have the torch working on M62/M63 so I don't know what to do now. Looking at Sheetcam post processor I am using Plasma PriceCNC AVHC10 THC zFloat with Pierce delay-G31. It is designed use with Mach3 and PriceCNC AVHC10

Steve
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 03:53:21 PM »
Can I ask if you can find a Post Processor to suit Mach 4 - one for Mach 3 isn't going to work for you and me be the cause of some of your troubles.

The Sheetcam forums might have one or they might be able to suggest a close one.

Steve
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 05:51:05 PM »
That is my biggest problems is trying to find anything for Mach4. I bought Mach4 program because they said that they were going to eliminate Mach3. Well you can't find anything about Mach4 on You Tube its all for Mach3. The closes thing that I found on the post processor was the one that I have loaded. I can't fine anyone that would tell me or otherwise one that would work.

Steve
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 06:29:38 PM »
Okay - Send me the post processor you are using now and I will see if I can edit it to work a bit better - no promises but I have modified my own a few times.

Steve
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2021, 05:21:11 PM »
I am going to go through all of the post and see if I can find one that will work for me, if not I will get back with you. Thanks for all the help.

Steve