Hello Guest it is May 15, 2021, 07:29:53 PM

Author Topic: Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A  (Read 254 times)

Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:38:25 PM »
Hello to everyone,
i have a lathe XZC axis and trying to find how to change the toolpath in Mach4 to recognize C moves than A. Is somewhere and i don't see it, or i can't do it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »
On the Configure > Control page there is a tab called Axis Mapping that sets up the relationships between your Axis letters and your motors.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:50:10 AM »
On the Configure > Control page there is a tab called Axis Mapping that sets up the relationships between your Axis letters and your motors.

Yeah, i know it. What about there? Is something i missing?

There i have C(5) enabled as i want, i know i can use A(3) as my rotary and fix my issue but then i must change all the configurations i have done until now to A. Also i don't like it :).

At General settings i have C Rollover and at ToolPath settings where it say "Display A Axis Rotation" i have Rotate Around Z, here is the trick i want: Change to "Display C Axis Rotation"..

Offline smurph

•  1,402 1,402
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 12:59:49 AM »
A Axis Rotation is what it is called in the tool path because that is the most common axis.  Consider it a misnomer.  A rotates around X, B rotates around Y, and the C axis rotates around Z.  So what axis does your rotary axis rotate around? 

You can try setting it to rotate around Z, as that would be the C axis.  But I'm not entirely sure what you want.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:04 AM »
A Axis Rotation is what it is called in the tool path because that is the most common axis.  Consider it a misnomer.  A rotates around X, B rotates around Y, and the C axis rotates around Z.  So what axis does your rotary axis rotate around? 

You can try setting it to rotate around Z, as that would be the C axis.  But I'm not entirely sure what you want.

Steve

My rotation axis is around Z and my gcode is output with C than A, in picture "PathZ" is how the toolpath look with C and in "PathA" with A in gcode. That is because Mach4 have at toolpath to recognize A as the rotation Axis, but i don't have A.

I try to find a way to change the letter A to C :).

Panos