Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:44:11 AM

Author Topic: Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A  (Read 1012 times)

Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:38:25 PM »
Hello to everyone,
i have a lathe XZC axis and trying to find how to change the toolpath in Mach4 to recognize C moves than A. Is somewhere and i don't see it, or i can't do it?

Thanks in advance
Re: Toolpath recognize C axis moves than A
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »
On the Configure > Control page there is a tab called Axis Mapping that sets up the relationships between your Axis letters and your motors.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:50:10 AM »
On the Configure > Control page there is a tab called Axis Mapping that sets up the relationships between your Axis letters and your motors.

Yeah, i know it. What about there? Is something i missing?

There i have C(5) enabled as i want, i know i can use A(3) as my rotary and fix my issue but then i must change all the configurations i have done until now to A. Also i don't like it :).

At General settings i have C Rollover and at ToolPath settings where it say "Display A Axis Rotation" i have Rotate Around Z, here is the trick i want: Change to "Display C Axis Rotation"..

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 12:59:49 AM »
A Axis Rotation is what it is called in the tool path because that is the most common axis.  Consider it a misnomer.  A rotates around X, B rotates around Y, and the C axis rotates around Z.  So what axis does your rotary axis rotate around? 

You can try setting it to rotate around Z, as that would be the C axis.  But I'm not entirely sure what you want.

Steve
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 04:38:04 AM »
A Axis Rotation is what it is called in the tool path because that is the most common axis.  Consider it a misnomer.  A rotates around X, B rotates around Y, and the C axis rotates around Z.  So what axis does your rotary axis rotate around? 

You can try setting it to rotate around Z, as that would be the C axis.  But I'm not entirely sure what you want.

Steve

My rotation axis is around Z and my gcode is output with C than A, in picture "PathZ" is how the toolpath look with C and in "PathA" with A in gcode. That is because Mach4 have at toolpath to recognize A as the rotation Axis, but i don't have A.

I try to find a way to change the letter A to C :).

Panos