Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:14:19 AM

Author Topic: CNC Plasma NOT Working Error Code Please Help.  (Read 1864 times)

CNC Plasma NOT Working Error Code Please Help.
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:39:34 PM »
Ok i've never got this CNC plasma running correctly. I built it from scratch 3 or so years ago. And it runs, but not consistently. Most of the time the torch moves to the start position, turns on, start the arc and then does nothing and gives me the error MACRO ALARM: 3 MERROR_TIMED_OUT. I usually have to restart mach or the computer or both to get it to cut.

I'm using a brand new Hypertherm 85 Plasma Cutter, Pokeys57CNC (which I'm very good at using, I have this motion controller on 3 of my machines with no problems.), Pokeys Plasma Sens THC Module (thought it might be that as I started with the Proma THC 150, but that didn't change anything).

The main problem I've always had is the THC doesn't follow the contours of the metal. I've tried everything and all the equipment works, but it never seems to move the torch head. I've never had good luck with laptops and cnc, but the plasma is outside in a pop up sealed tent thing so I used it for that. I just changed to a desktop to see if that made a difference, but it was an old PC I pulled from work as it was running slow. I reinstalled windows 10, re-setup the entire system. When I cut the torched finally moved, but I couldn't always get it to actually run as after it started the arc I'd get this error MACRO ALARM: 3 MERROR_TIMED_OUT. So I bought a new old computer from amazon, re-setup everything and tried again. Now it won't run even after restarting mach or anything. Arc starts and then I get this error. I'm at my wits end.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: CNC Plasma NOT Working Error Code Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »
Rob is the expert on this subject. Please contact him with the ticketing system. Tell him I sent you ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:42:00 PM »
I'm assuming the 'ticketing system' is the NFS help desk free email support?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:29:13 PM »
Yes
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 12:57:53 PM »
Hello Cartierusm,

did you solve the problem? I have got the same problem...

Best Regards
Falli
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 02:26:14 PM »
Honestly, I don't remember where I left off with this. Haven't used the cnc plasma in a long time. I switched back to my original computer, but from what I do remember is that my contacts from the plasma to the control cable going to the cnc were a little oxidized so if you're having the same problem it might be a signal problem.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 02:40:20 PM »
Hello Cartierusm,

thank you for your quick response. I am using the PlasmaSens device which is connected to the controller with an optical cable.

Is it now working properly?

Best Regards
Falli 
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »
I don't remember. Haven't used it in a while. It's not the optical connection I'm talking about that has no metal contacts. It's the cable going from the plasma UNIT itself to the POKEYS board. The cable that plugs into the back of the plasma cutter has metal contacts.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 03:11:50 PM »
Ok, i will give it a try. thank you.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 02:44:37 PM »
*This is for people not using Analog THC*

99% of the time this issue *MACRO ALARM: 3 MERROR_TIMED_OUT*
Is caused by the arc OK signal ( AKA THC On )
This is found under Configure > Control > Input signals > *THC ON*
If you don't have a "Arc OK" signal than you can substitute this using a register.

To do this go to configure > Plugins > Regfile
In the top left hit the image with a page and a +
This will make a new register, then name this register ArcOK
Make the inital value something like 50.
Then make it persistent, this is on the far right of the same page. You may have to scroll. A checkmark means it IS persistent and will retain it's value.
Now that the register is made we need to find the true path of the register.
We do this by going to Diagnostics > Regfile > iRegs0 > *Now click on ArcOK* > Right click this and select "Copy path to clipboard"
Now we trick the Arc OK signal by doing the following.
Configure > Plasma Screen Configuration
Delete the register next to "Analog Voltage Input Register" and paste in your register.
Now below that select "Use Analog Voltage for Arc OK" and put the minimum voltage to 25 and maximum voltage to 75.
This is assuming you're not using analog for your THC.
At this point try a file again to see if you have the same issue.