Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:01:39 AM

Author Topic: X Box here we come!  (Read 8102 times)

Re: X Box here we come!
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2021, 02:53:47 PM »
Not sure if this is by design or not but using the controller 'cycle start' starts the loaded gcode file even if the mdi is focused.
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2021, 02:29:06 AM »
Hey Brian,

I was absolutely delighted to find the Plugin auto installed with the latest Mach4 version, it instantly almost got me back up to mach3 usability levels, I only had some minor issues with it:

Is it possible to use the analog triggers as a jog rate modifier ? I had it set up that way in mach3 - A fully tilted Joystick only jogged about 10% max jog rate but when you gradually pulled the analog trigger it speed up to full jogging speed.
This enables more granular movement approaching the work piece and also works as a "safety" of sorts as dropping the controller on a joystick never results in a full tilt jogging move.

I set up the increment modifier button, and it worked great but i think you can reduce the rumble by a lot, its a welcome reminder but it doesn't need to fling the controller out of one's hand ;)

This is a quote from you "Also you can change the inc amount in the registers for the Xbox controller." How do i do that ?

And one more point; there doesn't seem to be any official documentation on the Plugin, it's almost impossible to google as well such a important feature to many hobby users should jump right into view if Xbox / mach4 is searched for.

Anyhow, thank you so much for your work, I've been sorely disappointed by mach4 so far for my simple router and the Plugin does a lot to alleviate that.
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2021, 12:40:29 PM »
Is anyone working on this to correct the errors I posted above?  I have now tried it on 3 different configurations, Sim, pmdx411 and PoKeys75cnc and have the same behavior on each machine.  I also ran 4612 and it did not pick up the settings from the profile.

RT
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2021, 01:20:47 PM »
Rhtuttle,
We're not currently working on the plugin this week.
However I'll put it on the schedule early next week and go over the stuff you mentioned.
It won't be forgotten, Brian wrote the code and wears a lot of hats around here so it's hard to focus on just one subject for a extended period of time :)
I'll make sure we look into it!
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 12:36:38 PM »
I get Motion Underrun from pmdx 411 any time I use the joystick at a very slow speed
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »
Anyone working on this?  Super useful when it works!
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2021, 01:15:39 PM »
I tried to go to the FTP site and it asked me for my credentials and I entered my login for machsupport.com but it came back with denied. What are the credentials needed to download this plugin? Is this a private beta or something?
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2021, 04:15:32 PM »
Nevermind! It's already installed in Mach4. Cool!