Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:43:38 PM

Author Topic: X Box here we come!  (Read 8206 times)

Re: X Box here we come!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 09:14:43 AM »
Easy and not complex....hmm.  Oh, that's easy (easy for me to say >:D)

I would envision adding 3 mode radio buttons to you key selection dialog, Continuous Jog, incremental Jog and Mouse Mode.
now each key has a table of 3 actions that can be stored depending on which radio button is active.  In your code when a key is active you check to see if mouse mode is active else if incremental else continuous. 

With regards to incremental jog, when a jog key is pressed a state is set and action taken until that key value goes back to 0 when the state is reset while set the action is not repeated.

Just a suggestion,

RT
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:50 AM »
The real issue I have with this is that I have no way to display what "mode" the buttons are in. For example you think it is in mouse mode you pick it up and move the joystick and jam the tool into the side of the part because it was in analog mode. I really don't want the user to have to add anything to the screen to make this work. So a radio button is sort of out for me :( . See my issue? Or maybe I am over thinking this and simply need to code it.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 10:07:15 AM »
I guess it would be useful to have others weigh in.  In Lee's old Mach3 plugin it was always an issue whether you were in continuous or incremental mode if you used the same buttons/joystick.  The incremental is the most useful for me.  I will use it as is, nice piece of work.

RT
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 10:22:20 AM »
I could make it so you hold down a button and it will do INC moves with the joystick ... for example hold down the right joystick and move side to side will cause INC moves in any jog that is being done. That would not change the mapping of the entire controller.

Clear as mud or am I rambling geek speak again??

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 10:41:35 AM »
I have used the left joy for x and y and right for z on my  mill.  I question whether holding down the right JS and moving it would jump back to continuous as you released it.  Would have to try and see how that worked. I would rather be in constant mode unless I held one of the triggers for continuous.  Just me.

RT
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 10:46:08 AM »
I have been using the right and left throttles for the Z up and down. But that is me and I am not normal.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 01:56:31 PM »
One more item to consider.  If any of the controls are pressed when in the locked mode activate the rumble.
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 02:11:29 PM »
Ahh.... I was thinking about using it to help hit the part into the vice... your idea is better...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 07:21:06 PM »
Brian,  Please check the latest release.  The joy sticks map both left and right the same as well as the JS up and down.  At least for me.  Also the descriptor strings for half of the choices are revered instead of reversed.
Oh, BTW, Merry Christmas!

RT
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »
You will need to remap, I “organized” the selections. Sorry I forgot to mention that . And Merry Christmas to everyone .

www.machsupport.com