Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:10:55 PM

Author Topic: X Box here we come!  (Read 8093 times)

Re: X Box here we come!
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2021, 05:30:34 PM »
The wireless Xbox controller will work :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2021, 08:31:25 AM »
Update... The Xbox controller plugin is part of the hobby installer as of version 4690. So no need to go looking and installing ;)

www.machsupport.com

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 03:36:56 AM »
I think he meant to say 4609.

Steve
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 11:12:56 AM »
Two things.  First, sometimes the joystick doesn't fully return to zero when released and the movement continues to creep at an extremely slow rate until you hit the cycle off.
Second, I never use two directions at the same time and would prefer to disable that type of movement.  Joysticks can be pretty fussy about minor off directions.

HTH
RT
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 03:06:35 PM »
Downloaded and installed 4609 on my lathe computer.  I have a separate screen and profile so not overwritten. pmdx411.

Lost all input pin assignments >:(.

xbox incremental only moves positive.
Triggered continuous does as expected.
Lathe X axis incremental moves double the jog distance.

RT
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2021, 01:51:25 PM »
What! I have not changed any of the code in the Xbox.. Unless it is because I changed the numbering ... But I have not changed it in some time :(

Lets get you fixed ... sorry about that!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2021, 10:56:56 AM »
Been testing 4612 on my laptop using simulation device. 

I select left joystick left as X rapid revered. Int/Cont Jog is grayed out. Next left joystick right, select X rapid, Int/Cont now enabled, check.
do the same for Y and right joystick for Z. Select other functions for buttons including right shoulder for X BOX Inc/Cont Momentary.

Take left joystick left and xdro increases by increment. left joystick right and xdro increases by increment.  Same action for Y and Z, positive movement only.  Hold the right shoulder button and move the joysticks and each move continuously in the expected direction.

Go back in to configure and it does not retain settings for joystick but does for buttons.

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2021, 11:03:30 AM »
I believe you have to set the minimum higher for any joystick movement.  When you use them for micro movement and release they do not always release all of the way to zero.  So rather than 0 to 100 (or254) 0 to 10 ignore, and start your scale from 11 to 100(254).

Same with diagonal movement.  Try to move slowly left and if you aren't exact in the left you may get some up or down movement included.  Either that or lock out diagonal, optional.

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2021, 12:00:41 PM »
We will be working on the Xbox more. I have shared the code with a few of the guys on here so I think we may have a few people helping :) . It will get much better!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2021, 12:34:51 PM »
It also disables keyboard jogging in the X Axis.  Y and Z are still keyboard functional.  I'll go to lunch now and let you guys be ;^)