Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:14:54 PM

Author Topic: X Box here we come!  (Read 8094 times)

Re: X Box here we come!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 10:48:04 AM »
Have been using the plugin a lot recently and totally love it!  The exponential on the thumb stick works great, until my little twitch comes in to play.  Would still like to have incremental moves available.  I could assign the thumbpad buttons for that and keep the sticks for continuous on my lathe.
Thanks for what I have already!

RT
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »
Great, I have a few OEM’s testing it as well and they seem to really like it as well. My issue with the incremental mode is how to make it happen. I am sort of thinking that we can have a default mode with an override button. So you could default to incremental and override to continuous or feed velocity. I like this idea because it is sort of a deadman switch... thoughts ? I could code that in later today I think.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 11:06:30 AM »
Works for me!  Rumble off?

Thaks,

RT
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 12:16:42 PM »
I could do a soft rumble to tell you that it is in continuous mode

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »
Sorry, I was referring to my previous post of using the rumble whenever a key is pressed and the 360 is in the disabled mode to remind them to turn it back on rather continuing to press buttons until they remembered they turned it off.  Not that I have ever done that.

RT
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2021, 03:46:53 PM »
I did add some outputs that you could setup as LED’s in the screen designer if you like. My son and I where playing with the the analog gauges and the joysticks of the Xbox controller. That is lots of fun :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »
Hello all,
I have added a new INC mode and I hope you will like it. I have added a mode that  you can use to swap the controller in and out of inc mode. Try it out and see if you can figure it out. Also you can change the inc amount in the registers for the Xbox controller.

I almost forgot! I was goofing around with Mach4 and the Xbox and I got Mach4 connected to my son's train layout and I can move locomotives with the Xbox controller! This thing is VERY flexible! see what you can do and have some fun!

Thanks
Brian

Update : Attachment removed and is now in installs after version 4690 of Hobby
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 08:33:29 AM by Brian Barker »

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
Okay, now your just showing off 8)

Very nice.  Love the momentary switch.  Set mine to incremental and then used the right shoulder button to go to continuous.
Was able to edit the register for the slow jog distance and assigned one of the thumb pad keys to run user gcode2.  All work great!
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

RT
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:36 AM »
RT,
I had a great time doing this and making the Mouse move on the screen was the one that I really wanted to do. I think as a mouse in a shop environment this is a cool solution. The jogging and all that is a bonus!

BTW you can use the registers on the screen to see and set the Inc distance and change them with sliders. I shocks me the amount of work you can do to the screen without any scripting!

Lets see if others pipe up on how they like it, I may be sticking a fork in this and moving onto the next thing.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2021, 05:13:39 PM »
Hey, I wanted to buy a wireless controller for the Mach 4 myself. Wireless seems perfect, but only if it doesn't work with the software.