Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:43:03 AM

Author Topic: X Box here we come!  (Read 8092 times)

X Box here we come!
« on: December 18, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »
Hi all,
Daz The Gaz sent me the base that he started 4 years ago for the Xbox 360 plugin. I have spent the past week adding lots of goodies to the plugin. I am not done but it is starting to work the way I would like it to. The major change is that you can configure it like we do with the Shuttle Pro. You simply go into config and press a button or joystick. A dialog will popup with the options you have for settings. This makes it very quick to setup! I think this is the feature that most will like but here are some other highlights:
Diagnostics window for the XBox
Buttons can be mapped as inputs (this makes it so you can call functions in the signal script in the screen)
Exponential rates have been added to the analog sticks (this really helps with precision on the slow moves)
Reverse Jogging for each axis
Added a lockout toggle so you can disable the controller
Custom Gcode strings can be run like the Shuttle

TO DO:
BIG one for me is to make it so you can use the analog sticks as a mouse on the screen :)  I want to make it so you don't need a mouse at the machine if you have this. (I think it can be done I just have not started)
Need to make an input that shows the X Box locked state (so you can have an indicator on the screen to show if it is locked)
Jogging at feedrate (or limited to a % of Max) sometimes rapid is not needed, I don't know when that would EVER be but..
I know I must have a few more but I just wanted you to have something to use while your home for X-MAS

Here is where you can find the Plugin:
ftp://ftp.machsupport.com/Mach4/Plugins/mcXbox/

Enjoy and if you can think of other features I will see what I can do.

Special THANK YOU to Daz and have a happy holiday
Brian

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
Re: X Box here we come!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:44:21 PM »
Looking forward to trying this out!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:18:41 AM »
Great, test it out and tell me what you think. I need feedback so I can have the features you all want/need.

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 11:09:05 AM »
Quick update! I have it so you can command the mouse to move with the X box controller and you can do Left and right mouse button presses. This thing is sort of cool. I was able to select and load a Gcode file without ever touching my KB or mouse. I need to test more of the functions and add the locks, but we are making progress!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
Downloaded and moved both files to plugins directory.  started Mach4 and went to config plugins.  mcXbox does not show.  Do you have to have a controller plugged in for it to show?  did I miss something?

TIA
RT
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
Took the one from my Mach3 mill and installed it on my Mach4 mill machine.  control panel says working properly.  Still does not show in config->plugins

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »
Worked ok for me to enable the XBox plugin without a controller connected.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 06:42:18 PM »
What Mach4 build are you using?
Anything else besides putting the 2 files in the plugins directory?

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
I'm on 4517 right now.

Just copied mcXBox.m4pw and mcXBox.sig to C:\Mach4Hobby\Plugins\
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »
Ok, thanks. I'll try re-downloading and installing again.  Then move to the newer build if that doesn't work.