Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:09:48 PM

Author Topic: Fusion 360 simultaneous machining on the A axis  (Read 6342 times)

Offline HC

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: Fusion 360 simultaneous machining on the A axis
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »
ok,  sleep well  :D

https://a360.co/2UzhMNw
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »
I've given up on this for now - I haven't seen anyone produce actual GCode as yet, but seems it's possible, so must be a setup issue somewhere on this computer. Might try a different one.

Offline HC

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 07:51:38 AM »
think you take the wrong post,  better rename the post from stuart. (it has the same name as the standard one)

attached fusion file & gcode it post.    (download & open in f360, with the links above seems fusion open existing files)

wcs zero mid/front of the hexagon

(don't machine this, ain't going to look good)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
look here

two mins work
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 08:31:02 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the file. Appreciate the help.

However, it seems the only way I can illustrate the issue is take that file and produce a video capture of my screen, showing that it does not work...I get the same error message when post processing. The youtube link is: https://youtu.be/mVVMVNxgkTM.

It would be really nice if I could get the actual GCode file produced by a post processor, rather than just the model file...

Regards,
Barry

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2020, 02:32:13 AM »
Barry

Load that fusion file into fusion use the pp I supplied and generate the gcode your self

Do not play with the settings in fusion except to select the pp

The gcode is to big to post. Anyway I have deleted it now

The pp works .
Fusion works.
It’s the way you are using it , all I did was select the x face in rotation that will be the flat end of the part in the case I uploaded
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2020, 06:03:10 AM »
Hi Stuart,

that is exactly what I did - there's one file in the zip, the Fusion 360 file. If you look at the video, you will see two instances of Fusion 360 open - the second one opened with your file when I clicked on it. The video shows in real time I did nothing other than select the default preprocessor (Mach4) and all I get is the error message. I did nothing else! Seems no-one believes it doesn't work, even despite the video evidence!

Also, all my GCode .tap files are small text files, much less than 6Megs (normally a few k, for the most complex).

I don't understand the issue...but thanks for trying.

Regards,

Barry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2020, 07:34:33 AM »
Hi, and thanks for the file. Appreciate the help.

However, it seems the only way I can illustrate the issue is take that file and produce a video capture of my screen, showing that it does not work...I get the same error message when post processing. The youtube link is: https://youtu.be/mVVMVNxgkTM.

It would be really nice if I could get the actual GCode file produced by a post processor, rather than just the model file...

Regards,
Barry

Hi Barry,

When you make your YouTube video 'Private' no one else can view it.  :'(

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2020, 07:43:59 AM »
Really? You should be able to use the link, I thought. I'll check into that right now and make it public, if necessary.

Thanks for mentioning it.
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2020, 07:50:39 AM »
OK, I set it to 'unlisted'. Will try out the link on a separate PC to check I can see it. https://youtu.be/mVVMVNxgkTM