Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:26:40 PM

Author Topic: usb motion controller board  (Read 2344 times)

usb motion controller board
« on: May 11, 2020, 04:32:14 PM »
ive got a (usb) STB5100 motion controller board and trying to get limits ,estop,and prob working. mach 3 is not responding to to any of the above . The only help I find is boards with parallel ports, any thing on web with usb doesn't seem to address this problem. I have been threw... ports and pins..and ...homing and limits and I am not seeing what I need to do. Hope some one can shed some light on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: usb motion controller board
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:13:49 PM »
Its probably an enable or it needs a second power input, there should be a CD with it with a manual also a pirate copy of Mach3 is usually included, if you use that you will have problems.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 09:30:05 PM »
Thank you for your reply !
 I have a power supply to the board ...18v ( requires 12-24 ) , plus the usb. I have enabled input pins 1-4, (config,pins and ports ). The inputs in question are.. com, 11 (estop )..12( probe touch plate )..13 ( x limit )..14 (y limit)..15 (z limit). all back to common to complete circuit. I got motors up and running and were moving them around and stoped to hookup" ESTOP ". that when I realized that estop along with limits were not wired in. Never thought until then about wether or not it was hooked up or not . The crazy part is that I'm able to run everthing with estop not hooked up....  I started with touch plate , loaded the text file up and tried out, I cant turn on led in diagnostics tab. And here I am......I don't see were I can enable input pins 11-15 . The problem is more than likely self inflicted and I'm chasing my tail here

Dave

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 05:49:58 AM »
Some of these boards come with a copy of mach3 and a .lic file do not use it delete it and setup the machine in demo mode with a downloaded version from the web site.

Some of these board use strange port number combinations so inputs may be on port 3 and outputs on port 2.

What documentation did you get with the board?  Attach it here so we try and help more.

Get Mach3 here :- https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Mach3Version3.043.exe
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
Please see attachment

If I delete mach3 , will I loose my license . I have saved a copy and put in new file . My current version is r3.041

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 08:31:48 PM »
On the CD that came with the card there will be a folder with the USB driver in, it will be a .dll

This needs to be copied into C:\Mach3\Plugins

Start Mach3 and select the USB driver.  Then you need to set your ports and pins as per your machine setup.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 12:03:49 AM »
do you mean....BL-USBMACH-V32.dll....?? If so its loaded ,  we found the problem the input numbers....11 ,12 , 13 , 14 , 15 …….are not what they seem.. they are l1 , l2 , l3 , l4 , l5....this is as it was printed in instructions.....the letter preceding the number is the letter " I " which looks like a 1 or l (L) . I took it as a 1. So......as the instructions went on , this was the next step......l1=10 , l2=11 , l3=12 , l4=13 , l5=15....can you see the confusion? When you prompted me to set ports and pins and I began to look for something I over looked and found this.....Thank you very much for your help!!……. I hope that this project can move on now and I think it should. one last thing can you recommend a site that has genuine boards and support? I have contacted were I got my board 3 times now and , no reply...….

THANKS AGAIN     DAVE
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 01:57:06 AM »
Hi,
the ongoing and repeating complaint about Chinese made motion control boards is lack of support.

The principle seems to be 'we've got your money ....so we don't care'.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 01:35:54 PM »
did you ever figure out why your stb5100 was crashing at the end of a move in mach3?
i've been struggling with this for way too long. about to buy a different board.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 02:27:12 PM »
Hi,

i've been struggling with this for way too long. about to buy a different board.

Correct answer and don't buy another Chinese made junk board either, make sure its US or European made, I
would recommend an Ethernet SmoothStepper by Warp9TD, any of the UC********* series by CNCDrive, or a PoKeys 57CNC.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'