Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:57:47 PM

Author Topic: Frustrated Newbie,  (Read 1768 times)

Frustrated Newbie,
« on: April 16, 2020, 06:18:34 PM »
Hi Guys,
Please bare with me im 100% new to try this and ive read many posts but to end.
I have a MAXNC-10 ive converted over to better motors via Ebay kit, came with a break out board CCK5560 and M335 drivers plus the MACH3 software.
The PC running it is a old Dell tower case running WinXP.
Issue i have, it wont run the motors.
Ive been over the wiring many times all seems good, i have jumped the power supply 5v from one M335 to the other to which ive now added another...still no go.
The kit came with no instructions, the unit lights up no issue so i gather ive got that part right.
Now the basic settings, that seems to be a issue ive read endless settings and watched some videos and still no go, remember im a newbie so dont hate on me too much :)
I messaged Artsoft but got no reply, so what im after is some guidance please.
That being from setting the printer port up from PC to setting the Dip switches on the M335 to Config the ports & pins.
Sorry for the long rant, oh and i down loaded the latest version of Mach3 and still no go or does it mean the demo free stuff doesnt run it ?
On a side note, i plugged in the old MAXNC hardware and clicked the settings in the config for it and it ran mint, but its also imperial i want metric plus the standard stepper motors for the MAXNC are weak.
Many thanks for you time. 

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated Newbie,
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 07:56:41 PM »
In most cases its the breakout board that has to be enabled for outputs, pin 14 is common but it could be any of them. It could also be that the board needs a second 12/24v power supply.

A picture of the board and setup my help us.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:58:47 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:01:20 PM »

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 08:10:01 PM »
That one is a pain,  it has to have the 12/24 volt power to enable the outputs and also the enable pin on pin 14 for the drives, you may or may not need it depending how you have the drivers wired.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:13:53 PM »
Yep thats the board, ive wired it as per what you have shown but im only using one power supply to feed the 12/24 for the board and the M335.
When you say enable, all ive done is wired the enable wires for all 3 drivers to the same enable on the board, is that correct ?
Or am i better off getting a better board ?

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 08:24:34 PM »
You need the USB connected to the PC too for the 5V logic
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 08:33:49 PM »
Yes done that too, i have a spare power supply to add to it ill try that if not then whats a better board to use ?
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
On the board it says beside the two 5v feeds PC ground, im not using that as the wiring i got doesnt show it being used

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:53:19 PM »
Try putting 5V and ground straight to the stepper drive enable, you should hear the motor(s) energise.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 08:56:29 PM »
Will do thank you.
Can you give me a run down of the basic settings so i can at least makesure thats right including the parallel PC port settings ?