Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:14:23 AM

Author Topic: THC setup Sequence Aborted- Arc Pro combo package  (Read 4642 times)

Re: THC setup Sequence Aborted- Arc Pro combo package
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:03 AM »
Looks like a configuration issue - Axis 3 is disabled. Double check in both Mach Control and HiCON Plugin Config that your z-axis is mapped correctly.
Are you able to jog in both mach and HiCON plugin? In the HiCON plugin before jogging you need to press the enable button before running test motion for that particular motor.

If that doesn't work please share screenshots of your HiCON Plugin and HiCON status window. Run the THC sequence once and share screen shots of the black debug screen.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 08:27:38 AM »
The jogging works fine now. Sorry about the confusing message below.. please check the second part of the reply.

This is what is happening now.
Jogging works as it should, but probing still doesn't work.

This is the sequence that happens now.

1. hit cycle start
2. Torch moves to start position.
3. probe move up (position direction) until it reaches home zero.
4. stops and give aborted message.

I tried changing the machine home location to different heights to confirm that was the stopping location. It is. The THC max is set to 5.0". So I set the torch about .25" above the plate and made that work zero... it moved to 5.14" to reach the home position and stopped.

Previously it moved down first, so I guess it is moving in the wrong direction for some reason. The axis orientation is correct is that z+ is up and z- is down when jogging the machine
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:41:30 AM »
I would still need the screen shot of the black debug window - run the sequence once and please share.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 09:16:51 AM »
I jogged the machine a little between each one. I also used the logger.

The files are attached.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 10:08:13 AM »
Please share your THC settings and the gcode you are running. From the debug menu it is not able to find probe signal (Digitize input) Make sure it is mapped and lights up in the HiCON status window.

Send an email to support@vitalsystem.com with available times for today and tomorrow. We can take a look at your setup with Team Viewer (Make sure Team Viewer is installed on your PC )

Until then you can refer this document if you haven't already.

Thank You
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
As stated before in earlier post...

1. I tested the probe signal it works when I manually jog to the plate. the light comes on in both mach 4 and on the hicon controller.

It will never find the digitize signal because it is moving the wrong direction. I will email support soon with my settings but here is a screen shot of the mach 4 window with settings showing.

It doesn't work with any gcode. I even went to MDI and entered "M03" as the code. Same problem. However, I have attached the code.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 11:05:37 AM »
Try this go to the Offsets tab in Mach and find fixture table - make sure all the values are 0 for z-axis.

More info on this here http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/support.php ArcPro Plasma section scroll to the bottom of the page.

After doing the above make sure when you jog z-axis down the z values are increasing in the negative direction. If not then go to the control config and motors there is a reverse check box that can be used.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
I checked the setting for the z axis. They are correct. when I move down towards the plate the numbers count in the negative direction (-1, -1.1 etc) as they should.

I checked the fixture offsets. G54 had an offset. I changed it to zero and restarted everything.

1. open Mach 4
2. checked that all fixture offset was still zero.
2. jog head away from start position.
3. turn on THC- (green light on)
4. start cycle
5. torch moves to start position
6. torch moves UP to home zero.
7. sequence aborted.

Testing a theory... I homed the machine 1" from the plate.... checked fixture offset Then tried again.

1. closed and open Mach 4
2. checked that all fixture offset was still zero.
2. jog head away from start position and "ABOVE" home position.
3. turn on THC- (green light on)
4. start cycle
5. torch moves to start position
6. torch moves DOWN to home zero (1" above the plate).
7. sequence aborted.
logs are attached.