Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:25:59 PM

Author Topic: Stepper motor won't move correctly.  (Read 5590 times)

Stepper motor won't move correctly.
« on: October 31, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »
This morning, one of our lathes X Axis stopped working correctly.
When jogged or commanded to move, it moves the intended direction for about an inch and then moves in the positive direction and will not stop moving until Mach is disabled or the E Stop is pressed.
My first idea was to check the debug.  It gave me an error every half second or so:  "Reduced timer socket".  I found a solution here on the forum; I increased the polling frequency until it stopped giving me the error (it is set to 250 now). 
Although the warning has stopped posting, the motion still does the same thing. Jog a little and then moves positive indefinitely.
Attached is the debug window from starting mach, jogging, and disabling mach.  That is all I did when I took the screenshot of the debug.
Any ideas on this weird motion?
Chad Byrd
Re: Stepper motor won't move correctly.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 11:56:05 AM »
Hello,

Looks like you are using older plugin (2.02.17).
We have optimized and updated the plugin  to version 2.03.24 following is the download link:
http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/hicon_integra/downloads/Mach4-4300_Integra-4.12_Plugin-2.03.24.zip

you also need to upgrade your 7766 firmware with the one from the above link.

With these updates on your plugin and firmware, retry commanding your motion and let us know if the problem still persists.