Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:00:32 AM

Author Topic: Licence  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Licence
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 01:45:41 AM »
Hi James,

I am pleased you have it sorted.

(I have quite a few different software licenses and I keep secure copies in a folder which is duplicated and synced in a number of different places within my network - and in an emergency I still can't find the license I need  :'( )

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 03:14:51 AM »
Hello Tweakie. Yes mate im getting the same feeling that i will have the same issue if the time arrives. The mach support team were great once i learned how to contact them. If i have any more trouble with the licence that will be the first place i will go to. I no now that my licence will all ways be there if i ever needed it again. Now Im struggling with getting the machine to work from mach3. It was working great before i started installing a zero touch probe. Then my spindle stop working and i couldn't get it going again and the touch probe wasn't work well. So removed the probe and reinstalled windows and mach3 and thats where the licence issue started. Now i struggling with the set up ports and pins. looking at youtube and forums none of these settings are working. My brain hurts.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:19:51 AM by Jamescnc57 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 03:34:13 AM »
Hi James,

Your general Mach3 settings are stored in a <your profile>.xml file.

When things go wrong with Mach3 there is generally no need to re-install everything because you will almost certainly have your last known good settings stored as a file in your xmlbackups folder. Restoring can be done manually by renaming and copying/pasting the appropriate .xml file but within Mach3 the Operator / Restore Settings tabs can do it for you (with onscreen instructions).

Hope this helps you at some time in the future.

Tweakie.
PEACE