Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:19:27 PM

Author Topic: ATC for lathe  (Read 22851 times)

Re: ATC for lathe
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 06:44:39 AM »
got it.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »
I put a thread on a Generic ATC here:

http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=4191.new

Scott
fun times
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
My Boxford TCL 125 has a ratchet type, stepper driven, 8 position turret. I used a simple G code subroutine to get it to index. Y axis was left as linear, (Mach doesn't care) and worked out the number of steps to get the 45 degrees. So the subroutine indexes the turret, say 50 degrees, then reverses the turret to stall the stepper against the ratchet (no problems the driver limits the current) 
G code call is:-
M98 Ln P123 (Where n is the number of times I want to index and P123 is the subroutine.
Subroutine is:-
O123
G91 (Incremental distance mode)
G00 y-10 (Index more than 45 degrees)
G00 y2 (Back up to stall on ratchet)
G90 (Back to absolute distance mode)

M99 (Return from subroutine)

The Boxford turret has no means of telling Mach which tool it is using and because of the ratchet, it is strictly sequential.

It works for me!

Ian
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:46 AM »
Grahm I posted the script in the M6 macro.
I played with it a bit this morning. but all I could get it to do was go to
X110   when I entered M6 T0101 ( it did not stop and crawl back to X100 like I think it is supposed too)
after that it would not do anything else. and if Is set the tool number manualy in the toolbox to say 5
then entered an M6 T0301
I get an error message saying "tool number to low"
I guess I will play with it a little more.
I do need to drop a dro for the tool number still like you suggested but I am off to work so Ill play with it more later.
Chris
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
ok well I messed with it a little more and Ive discovered a little more about whats happening. so Ive placed a DRO and set it up for the x axis. what seems to be happening is when I  enter a tool change command it will move the apropriete increment say 110 units then the dwell light will pop on for over two whole minutes. then after that eternity in computor time. the controller backs up th e10 necessary increments to lock the tool changer. I was just being impatient.
Is there a dwell built into this macro that I could have inadvertantly set to two minutes or is that some setting issue. Im just running it on my laptop that does not have the drivers installed to test it. I have not changed any settings from the original instal so Im not sure what it would be.
Chris

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »
Hi Chris,

if you look in the macro code you will see "G04 P250" this is a 250 micro second delay if you have your general config set for micro seconds, you must have yours set to seconds, all you need to do is change the P250 to P.25

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 06:58:37 PM »
ahh good. because at first I thought it was making mach freeze up and I was clicking on this and that and closing the program till I finally saw the little dwell light on and it hit me to wait it out. Its just one of those things you gotts step back and think about . thanks I will implement this emediately aand continue with the testing
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
ok. update time.
got it working perfect on my desk laptop. went down to the shop to do the same thing with the computer that will actually be running the thing and naddah.
I copied everything. even used the same xml file and I cant get it to do a thing. installed the most recent version of mach and still nothing.
anybody know where to start?
guess I gotta sleep on this one and maybe it will come to me.
Chris   :P

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 08:44:41 PM »
Check your Macro for that profile on that machine. Also check in general config to see that the tool change options are set the same.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:13 AM »
I got it working. Basicly I just started over again. I rewrote the Macro. re-added the button to the screen and of course, restarted the computer. so far so good I guess. cant wait till the dang thing gets here so I can set it up and test it.
Thanks alot everyone.
Chris :)