Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:26:57 AM

Author Topic: ATC for lathe  (Read 22849 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: ATC for lathe
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »
Hi Chris,

Glad to here you are getting something out of my long, hard struggle with the program  :o . OK 15 minutes  ;)

It will still need some tweeking but the basics are there, let me know when you get the thing ready to run and I will guide you through any mods.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »
OK got the toolchanger up and running and for the most part the macro is working just fine. Only one problem. is that when I change a tool I assume the macro changes the mode from absolute to incremental mode. where would I add a line to have the macro change the controler back to absolute coordinate mode once the tool change was complete. cause its playing crazy with my tool offsets.
Chris
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 02:17:56 PM »
only other thing I would change is to have the tool changer back up onto the paw a few more steps than what it is going past the paw. as it stands I have to set the steps to the paw slightly less than the actual distance to insure that it backs up till it makes contact. this creates a cumulative error if Im changing from say tool 1 to 6. but if I set it to exactly the right number it will go to the next paw. then go past a set number of steps and then back the same number of steps. this does not account for any lash in the drive so it does not back up snug onto the paw.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
Hi Chris,

Here is the latest version with the mods you asked for, anything you altered in the original will need to be changed.

I have added the return to absolute mode and a variable to set the lock back to pawl distance.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
works great now. thanks
ATC for HESTIKA
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »
 ???
ATC for HESTIKA
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »
 ???