Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:30:12 PM

Author Topic: Wittsun 6040Z USB windows7  (Read 2327 times)

Wittsun 6040Z USB windows7
« on: May 18, 2019, 05:32:16 AM »
hi, this is my first time on this board. I am trying to help a friend who has bought a 6040Z together with a wittsun 6040Z unit. According to the description it can be controlled with windows 7 and a USB 2.0 connection.
The whole installation procedure was done without any problems.
But it seems that there's not any communication between control box and 6040Z.   
The Mach3Driver (ArtSoft Software) version 6.1.0.0 is found in system registry. The driver is also marked as "By BlueSkyT"
Mach version3 3.043.066 is installed.
What will be the correct Engine configuration (ports and pins) in Mach3?
It's hard for us to find the correct steps in order to get the machine working.
You need probably more detailed information in order to advise us. Please let us know what kind of information is needed.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Re: Wittsun 6040Z USB windows7
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:16:11 PM »
Hi,
I'm confused your post is titled 6040 USB and yet you have posted a picture of DriverTest.exe which is for a parallel port???

Is the controller USB input or DB25 parallel port input?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks for your reply. This picture was posted by misstake. Sorry for that. The complete system was bought for use with USB. I think that a lot of the information we have got from the seller is based on parallel port. Do you have suggestions how to solve the problem we encounter?
Thanks for any reply!
regards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
The control unit
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »
Hi,
can you post a picture of the back of the controller box where the cables plug in?.

Its quite common for Chinese controllers to use a USB cable from the PC just for a power supply to the breakout board.
The USB cable itself carries no data. The data is carried by the DB25 parallel port cable.

Its also possible that the controller is a genuine USB controller in which case it will still draw power from the USB socket
of your PC but also trajectory data which will be converted into pulse streams by your controller. If your controller
is of this type then the parallel port test you posted earlier is totally superfluous. In fact it suggests that Mach3 is using
the parallel port driver as motion control .dll when in should be using your controller .dll, and that is a fault.

Either way the confusion will be relieved if you post a picture of the cables from the PC to the controller.

Craig
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 03:23:05 PM »
Hi,
by the way its polite to pre-process pictures with 'Paint' or similar and get the file size down to 500-600kB or so,
and a smaller frame size so you don't have to scan around trying to see the picture.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks for your reply.
Yes, next pictures I will handle as you have described.

As I said before I am trying to help an old friend, a reteired instrumentmaker and he is only a bit familair with computers. At the moment I don't have a picture of the backside of the controler. I can arrange that tomorrow. I will attach a document that came with the unit. I hope that will give information for you to determine if/how USB is used.

Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
Hi,
I downloaded you picture and resized it and reposted it.
Which version is easier to use/see?

Craig
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
Hi,
the manual suggests that the controller uses a genuine USB controller, an XHC USB-Pod, oh joy....yet another
XHC......

You have installed the parallel port driver as evidenced by the DriverTest.exe pic you posted earlier but you don't need it.
You have an external controller.

Look in Mach3/Plugins folder to see if there is a .dll file that pertains to the XHC controller. If so open Mach and select that
device as motion controller.

Once you have got that running......and with a few hundred dollars worth of gut-rot whiskey or other sedative of your choice.....
throw the XHC away and get a genuine Ethernet SmoothStepper or a UC300, THEN you can start to do some decent
CNCing.

Good luck.

Craig
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 04:02:57 PM »
Hi Craig, thanks a lot for your helpfull information.

I think it will turn out in a bottle of Scottisch Talisker (my favorit)

Regards and many thanks

Dick