Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:53:04 PM

Author Topic: New setup for USB board by BSMCEO4U-PP Bitsensor  (Read 64257 times)

Re: New setup for USB board by BSMCEO4U-PP Bitsensor
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
To add a little more to the BSMCEO4U-PP definitions.
1) 24V: Input can be anywhere from 12V to 36V to power the digital input and outputs only. It is usually the same voltage that supplies the motor drivers, but it can be a separate supply (200ma minimum). 
2) DCM: connection is digital ground for both input switches (Limits, E-Stop, & Probe) and output loads (VFD Start, Flood, & Mist).
3) ACM is the analog ground specifically for the spindle speed control. It goes to the ACM pin on the VFD.
4) AVI: is the analog output to the spindle speed control. (not very linear). It goes to the AVI pin on the VFD.
5) 10V: is the input analog reference voltage for the spindle speed control. This should come from the VFD low voltage supply (10V to 13V) output.
6) 5V: is a low power output to supply the motor driver opto-isolators providing you use "Low-True" logic (pull to ground for ON)
7) GND: output is the ground to the motor drivers used when driving "High-True" logic (Pull to 3,3V to 5V for ON).
Note:  For the motor drivers, you will use either the 5V or the GND connection, not both. Choosing the right method may require some experimentation.

Note: DCM, ACM, and GND (all grounds) are not connected together. Each serves an isolated purpose, and their isolation is an attempt to protect your equipment. If you want everything grounded together (and you should), run a separate ground wire from each piece of equipment to a common grounding point near your master power input. This method should prevent a single failure from destroying everything. 
Thanks.
Bill
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 08:18:50 AM »
Hey scintilla,

Did you ever get the config set up right and could you share those? As, I am in the same boat as not being able to purchase a new usb board.
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 11:30:23 PM »
Hello kthoma85,
Yes, my setup is running well (at last) as far as driving the motors, etc. is concerned, the problem I have had for some time has been the 'try before you buy' limitations of the Mach3 software.
You will probably find that the Bitsensor board is okay anyway but there are other boards for sale which are reasonably cheap and even more refined.

I understand that Mach3 is no longer being 'developed' (read: making it work for ordinary users) so I can offer you a couple of suggestions to see if they are of help.

Firstly, you need to be sure you have a  license loaded into the Mach3 folder on your computer's drive. Without this, you cannot run more than about 50 lines of g.code.

Secondly, Follow the suggestions posted by Tweaky and Claudio. The settings they have posted have worked for me but you need to also look at settings for 'direction, homing, axis calibration' and so on to get your machine into working order. There are some good YouTubes for this.
I assume you are using a Chinese 6040 X,Y,Z and A (rotary) 4 axis setup.

If you don't make any progress doing all this I can transcribe all my settings in the Mach3 configuration tab but, as always with these things, it's better to plod through the tedious learning process so that you can better understand 'cause and effect'.
Can I also suggest that you have a look at the YouTube clips put out by Roger Webb and others, including the Artsoft tutorials, which go some way to clearing away the mists of this really poorly-contrived software.
It's a paradox when you are invited to download and try a program which doesn't run and which has a really counter-intuitive GUI.

I hope this is helpful  :D ,

Scintilla.

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »
I was troubled by the lack of any good interface documentation for this Bitsensor board, and so traced the schematic before starting to hook it up.  Wvancura was correct, but the attached .pdf file provides more internal details.  The schematic reference designators are arbitrary, and the schematic symbols are approximately correct for the functional behavior (for example, the two enable lines to the ULN2003N chip are actually active low, but I didn't want to figure out how to make the new object for an Eagle library).  All voltages and returns are correct, as are the circuits associated with input and output.
There is a serious design error, if I have correctly interpreted the abbreviated surface mount device markings.  A series diode in the 24V supply line prevents the catch diodes inside the ULN2003 from suppressing the inductive flyback when an external relay is turned off.  The relay current will decay instead through a sneak path via an input if it has a switch connected to ground.  It would be a good idea to provide your own external relay coil suppressor diodes, making sure to connect them properly (cathode to the positive terminal).
Mike
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
Sorry, I meant the two enable lines to the 'HC541 chip.  The ULN2003 doesn't have any.
Which brings up another design error.  The HC541 input logic levels are really not compatible with 3.3V driving logic.  The HCT541 would have been the right choice, but the part on my board is clearly marked <abunchofcharacters>HC541, with a TI logo.  The step and direction signals are coming out, though, so that part is working.
Mike
Ref:  Bitsensor BSMCE04U USB board
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 03:53:58 PM »
Mike,

Really useful information. Thanks for sharing.
I'm using the same card on Mach 3. It has its limitations but so far it's been solid on my cutting requirements.

Just about to join the world of Mach 4 so need to purchase a new controller.... I'm not clued up on this after a long break from cnc world.

Cheers.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 12:59:07 PM »
Hi two things,
As far as I know, the Bitsensor board is compatible with Mach4. It just doesn't have a manual for saying how.
Second:
I just updated my user guide for the BSMCEO4U. New name and new link. I have identical web pages on two different home servers in attempt for 100% up time. One in Chicago and the other in Rock Island, IL  (see cnc.vancura.biz and cnc.vancura-innovations.com)

http://shoelessdave.com/Vancura.Innovations/files/BSMCEO4U%20Install%20Manual-converted%20wjv%202.2.pdf

http://vancura.biz/files/BSMCEO4U%20Install%20Manual-converted%20wjv%202.2.pdf

It is in effect a full translation from the Chinese version of the manual. I put some serious time into it trying to make American English out of it. I added a few more installation diagrams and some more documentation on the ports.

What it needs now is a Mach4 addendum.  I personally don't plan to go to Mach4, but anyone willing to document their frustrations in setting it up, will be welcome to send me the procedure for publishing.
Bill
Pixel Tamer
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 01:05:44 PM »
Hi,

As far as I know, the Bitsensor board is compatible with Mach4. It just doesn't have a manual for saying how.

Incorrect, it does not have a Mach4 plugin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
Hi,

I personally don't plan to go to Mach4, but anyone willing to document their frustrations in setting it up, will be welcome to send me the procedure for publishing.
I've been using Mach4 for six years, and yes there is a learning curve to set it up but thereafter it is light years ahead of Mach3.
This thread lists some of the many improvements:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=42891.0

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 07:31:19 AM »
Dear Wvancura, maybe you have some information, does this board support threading (does the index support signal)?

MF2D