Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:39:45 PM

Author Topic: New Forum!  (Read 21054 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 05:58:02 AM »
--
Tom
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »
thosj,
I have those; but I was thinking Bryanna had a txt document that had a pretty comprehensive list on here somewhere.
I remember seeing it before the searching crapped out.
Chad Byrd

Offline hof

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 10:24:30 AM »
Bryanna had made a large list of all the #VARS in Mach4.  I can't find that list anywhere, especially since the search function is currently down.  
That is something that could be added to the DOCS folder in Mach4, and/or added to the Mach4 Tool Box.

It's not very practical but until they have fixed URL rewriting to redirect old forum URLs to the right post in the new forum and fixed the search engine in the forum it is possible to use Google or Bing or similar to find old posts in the forum.
In Google, do a search for Mach4 VARS site:www.machsupport.com/forum
Use cached copy of the page to verify if it's the content you're looking for. When you have found the right post and want to open it in the new forum you copy the link to the search hit in the google result list:

This for example is the first hit from Google:
https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=27396.0

Replace https with http and www with forum and you have the address to the post in the new forum:
http://forum.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=27396.0
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 12:52:46 AM »
 Maybe a "Mentors" forum to help out those of us who are just starting.  Lots of you all are experts that even when you answer simple questions you speak way over my head.

Thanks for asking.
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 07:44:54 AM »
I agree with lumber60 in Reply 7 above. Same problem can't get search to work anymore. I get the same error msg about language.
Can we get this fixed please?

Offline hof

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »
This is starting to look really embarrasing since it should be quite easy to fix.
Give me access to the server and I'll fix the forum for you in no time. All I ask for in return is a couple of Mach 4 licenses or a decent ethernet motion controller :)

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »
The search function is one of the most important functions!
It really limits the user support.
I've been a member for well over 7 years and have developed
my machine greatly by the search function.
Must be some crap going on, on the sidelines??????
PLEASE!
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 08:01:12 AM »
Hello all,

Thanks for your feedback. This is the first time I have been able to access the forum at all in a few weeks. Our team is aware of the issues and they will be addressed whenever possible.

-Bryanna

Hi Bryanna,

I have a real  sneaky feeling that if your Team have been aware of the Search issue since 28th.November then, by now, I would be ever so slightly doubtful of their competence.
Perhaps you could inform the Team that the Search facility has been broken and ask them if they could possibly spare some time to fix it, assuming that they are not too busy.
Many thanks from and on behalf of so many of the Forum Members.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline hof

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »
This whole situation is more than a little worrying.
The lack of response and action from NFS makes me wonder if the company is going out of business.
I would not buy anything from them at this point.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 10:02:53 AM »
Yeah, we need someone from NFS to at least show up here and say SOMETHING. I thought, too, that it is a little troubling. Has anyone tried the support system, are they at least THERE?

It's a new year and the first full, back-to-work day, so hopefully something will transpire.

Tom
--
Tom