Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:25:48 AM

Author Topic: New Forum!  (Read 21050 times)

Re: New Forum!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »
Why does my browser say this site is not secure?? Big red triangle warning!

Ken
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 10:28:50 AM »
Because it does not employ HTTPS for connection. The web site was recently
updated and the main site is now HTTPS, but the forum is not yet HTTPS
because the forum software must be updated, and that is not as simple as
it sounds. As long as your password is not the same as you use on more
sensitive sites, it is not a big deal. The old version of the web site was not
HTTPS at all.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 10:38:46 AM »
Thanks for your reply to my previous post. I had no idea it would if it went tyo anyone or if the post was in the right place.

I still don't know where to go to  post on or find the current forum pages. Currently recovering from a computer crash on Friday after trying to  click through all  of the pages tryring to find Stuarts last post to me and related posts as well!! Everything locked and couldn't do anything. Had to reload windows, Not very happy.

Is there a new home page / website / forum etc, that is current and accessable for those of us as quoted newbies trying to get started. Needs to be simplified in my opinion, Home page, list of pages to get to and then searchj by topic. JUst an idea from a NEWBIE.

Very pleased with Mach 4!!
 Forum should be as easy to use.

Thanks,

Ken
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 12:26:28 PM »
OK, this is what i mean. I have a notification in my mail box about a reply to my recent post with a link to read it. Click on the link and all there is is my post with no reply and no indication that i have a reply. Shouldn't the link as stated on it take me to the reply someone posted to me.

I cannot find the reply to my post.

Ken
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
I guess you are aware of this: But any search on google with urls that should lead to forum posts, currently redirects to the forum frontpage> http://forum.machsupport.com/forum/

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 01:30:16 AM »
OK, this is what i mean. I have a notification in my mail box about a reply to my recent post with a link to read it. Click on the link and all there is is my post with no reply and no indication that i have a reply. Shouldn't the link as stated on it take me to the reply someone posted to me.

I cannot find the reply to my post.

Ken

Hi Ken,

This can happen when a spam posting has been made in your thread and then subsequently deleted (usually by a moderator).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline hof

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 05:15:19 PM »
You really need to activate URL rewriting on www.machsupport.com so that all old links to forum posts are redirected to the right forum post at forum.macsupport.com.
Shouldn't be hard since all that is needed is to replace www.machsupport.com/forum/* with forum.machsupport.com/forum/*
Now all internal links, external links plus Google and other search links to forum posts are dead.

You also need to fix the forum search function. It now fails with an error:
2: pspell_new(): PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en".
File: /var/www/vhosts/machsupport.com/forum.machsupport.com/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 700

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »
Hello all,

Thanks for your feedback. This is the first time I have been able to access the forum at all in a few weeks. Our team is aware of the issues and they will be addressed whenever possible.

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 12:39:27 PM »
My main issue at present is the fact that the Search function is disabled due to the search not finding the Dictionary. This means that no serach of the entire ArtSoft database can be done. Please fix this!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »
Bryanna had made a large list of all the #VARS in Mach4.  I can't find that list anywhere, especially since the search function is currently down. 
That is something that could be added to the DOCS folder in Mach4, and/or added to the Mach4 Tool Box.
Chad Byrd