Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:04:06 AM

Author Topic: Drill stuck at top of Z-axis  (Read 1345 times)

Drill stuck at top of Z-axis
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to the use of micro-drill and Mach3 software. I accidentally toggled the drill to the top of the z-axis triggering the limit switch (I think). Every time I try to move the drill or move the table the whole system stops which I think is due to the emergency stop being triggered. I have tried clicking the 'override limits' switch in the Mach3 software, but I still couldn't get the drill to toggle lower. Is there anything else I can try to lower the drill on the z-axis?
Thanks for you help,
Stacey
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:19:53 PM by StaceyP »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Drill stuck at top of Z-axis
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 02:43:00 AM »
Opinions differ on this one but my preference was to fit an ‘override’ push button across my EStop  (Limit Switch) circuit. Pressing and holding the button allows me to jogg-off the triggered limit switch. Once the axis has cleared the limit switch and the button is released everything returns to normal.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:36:31 PM »
Opinions differ on this one but my preference was to fit an ‘override’ push button across my EStop  (Limit Switch) circuit. Pressing and holding the button allows me to jogg-off the triggered limit switch. Once the axis has cleared the limit switch and the button is released everything returns to normal.

Yep.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 12:36:10 AM »
From the Mach 3 manual.  Did you enable Auto Limit Override?

In normal use, when Mach3 is moving an axis and sees its limit input become active, it will stop run-
ning (like an EStop) and display that a Limit switch has been tripped. You will be unable to move the
axis unless:
• Auto Limit override is switched on (by a toggle button on the Settings screen). In this case, you
can click Reset and jog off the Limit switch. You should then re-reference the machine position.
• You click Override Limits button. A red flashing LED warns you of the temporary override. This
will again allow you Reset and to jog off the switch and will then turn itself and the flashing LED
off. You should then re-reference the machine position. An input can also be defined to override
the Limit switches.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »
Thanks!! It turns out it wasn't a limit switch issue but a blown fuse... The blown fuse kept switching on the Estop when I tried to move the axis. Hopefully replacing the fuse will solve the issue.