Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:43:59 PM

Author Topic: Soigeneris Fault light and trouble getting Mach 4 configured for stdr-4c  (Read 2639 times)

HI all,

Im extremely new to CNC stuff like this.  Ive assembled a Routakit HD from a Kit (read a mashed up bag of parts with little guidance.)  Ive installed the ESS driver to allow me to talk to my STDR-4c and that went well but i didnt know enough to program the pins to the motors.  Routakit sent a profile, that didnt work and now my STDR-4c wont communicate with mach4 and is showing a fault light.  I cant find info on the fault light anywhere in the manual.  Any advice or reference material is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Re: Soigeneris Fault light and trouble getting Mach 4 configured for stdr-4c
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Hi,
the manual for the STDR4 is for a USB SmoothStepper and Mach3.

Please confirm what motion controller you have. An Ethernet SmoothStepper has  aMach4 plugin whereas the USB SmoothStepper
does not.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 03:18:46 PM »
sure thing, Ive got an ethernet smooth stepper (at least i think) I just assumed it was the same.  Its an ethernet connection to my Computer, ill post a pic
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 03:32:50 PM »
well....I apparntly dont know how to post a pic.  but it says STDr-4c stepper driver on the bottom and it has an ethernet connection, not usb.  It was recognizing the ESS yesterday it just didnt have any pins set up. now that ive used the one from Routakit its showing a fault light and wont communicate. 
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »
Thinder.  Click Reply on the bottom right instead of using the quick reply. 
Click additional options and you can add a picture from there.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 04:07:51 PM »
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
Tapatalk isn’t doing it and I’m clueless as to what to put between the [img] bookends....
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »
trying again
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:30:37 PM »
ok,

here is what ive found.  If i use the profile from Routakit, it recognizes the ESS, but nothing will jog or move no matter the command. If I use another profile from another routkit guy it crashes and then loses connection with the ESS requireing a restart of my computer to reestablsh the connection.  Ive tried reinstalling the Mach 4 plugin and that doenst help.  Id be happy if i could just build a profile from scratch but I cant find refernces that are simple enough for me to follow.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
It might pay to go to the Warp9TD site and follow the setup instructions for the ESS and Mach4, Andy has written a painstakingly detailed set of instructions for this. Won't be specific for your machine but may be a place to get the ball rolling. At the very least you'll know how the ESS is actually working and how Mach4 setup relates!

https://warp9td.com/index.php/gettingstarted/setting-up-the-smoothstepper-and-mach4

Tom
--
Tom