Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:19 AM

Author Topic: newbie needing advice  (Read 4294 times)

Re: newbie needing advice
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:09 AM »
I cover the Right Hand Rule and some other basics in this video based on homing and soft limits: https://youtu.be/IXuuGRACU1I

I hope that helps!

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 06:31:09 PM »
Dave I am going to try this now and let you know in a little bit what is does.
BryannaB, So I went and watched the video and now it makes more sense,LOL  I guess I must be a more visual person because it made way more sense after watching it. so in using this rule and the hand example, my machine is not correct according to the numbers and thus I think is causing my problems below is a brief description of what I do

I open Mach3 go to file and load G-code I find the file from Vcarve Pro and it loads into Mach3

I hit ref all home and it does this in the lower left corner of the machine which is fine and machine coordinates is all zeros

I then move/jog with the keyboard of my computer to the left corner of my work piece that I want to start cutting,     (The numbers in the dro is going in a negative direction)

I then hit zero for X, Y, and Z

Then I hit cycle start, at this point the Z raises a little, the Y moves toward the front of the machine, and the X moves toward the left side of the machine, which is totally opposite of the direction it should be moving, it is moving away from my zero point that has been set for the work piece coordinates. At this point I have to stop the job because it would be cutting air and not my work piece,

Another issue that I think is part of the problem, if my machine coordinates is in the lower left corner of the table and I decide to move/jog to the back right corner, I thought my dro numbers should be going in a positive number and mine do not do that, they move in the negative direction according to the numbers
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
some how something is backwards (Y axis), when I move the machine toward the back shouldn't my numbers be going in the +/positive direction?
when I move the machine to the right (X axis)shouldn't my numbers be going in the +/positive direction?
the up and down (Z axis) when I go up the numbers are in the +/ positive direction and when I go down the numbers are in the -/negative direction
I think the Z axis is correct but I think the X and Y are backwards?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 01:48:44 AM »
if you are at the left lower Corner of your machine

direction right X+
direction away from you Y+
Z axis up Z+
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 02:10:00 AM »
Did you try the suggestion i made earlier??

Yes your machine is not configured correctly.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 03:13:48 AM »
Hi,
I suffered the same confusion when I started to. The trick it to consider the controlled point, usually the tip of the tool NOT the motion of the table.

Thus if the tool tip is at the left corner the when the table moves left the controlled point (tool tip) is effectively moving right, ie X+.
That where it gets cofusing, the table moves one way but the tool tip effectively moves the other way.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 04:40:13 AM »
This is a router machine so i am presuming it has a moving spindle/tool and fixed table/bed - this makes it a bit easier to grasp as the controlled point is the moving point also.

In this case it seems to be configured wrongly as numbers are moving negatively when they should be going positive. ;)
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »
TPS;  yes that is correct, however mine does not do that. When moving to the right it shows a negative progression when moving back away from you it also shows a negative progression

Dave, yes sir I did try your suggestions and it continued to do the same thing as it has been

Dave; yes you have it 100% correct that is exactly what is happening
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
Thank you for all the responses and the help of wveryone

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
Ok, lets get back to the start.

Lets do one axis.

You have the machine Y axis so if you press the up arrow on keyboard, the axis moves away from you BUT the numbers go negative?