Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:12:54 AM

Author Topic: MPG does not work with Hicon+Mach3  (Read 8315 times)

Re: MPG does not work with Hicon+Mach3
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
In Mach3 you can use the HiCON Status window to find out where the I/O maps to from the MPG. Just move the selector knobs and watch which LED's in the status window are active and then use those to pins in the Brain plugin.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »
Ok got the MPG mapping figured out in Mach the MPG sorta works now but the MPG is in a active state at all times with the last axis selected
there must be another brain for the MPG enable/disable and e-stop.

with my old parallel port setup it required 3 separate brains to make the MPG work properly
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 06:05:01 PM »
sorry I don't see any other mach3 brain file in the archives. 

have you tried adding enable/disable logic in the existing brain. may be possible.

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 07:16:00 PM »
peabrain
You are correct in needing another brain for enable and disable, the brain that Vital Systems supplied is just for axis selection and jog increments only, I am surprised they are not able to get you up and running as they are still selling the Mach 3 license, and still have the Mach 3 file download. My guess is they never got the MPG to work properly in Mach 3 before jumping onto the Mach 4 program hoping everyone would be switching over.

Check out the VistaCNC pendants, they are plug and play and work well, just another option.

cv580
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 12:07:15 AM »
are you using a vista cnc mpg with a hicon cv580? I had a look at their website looks like it may be the answer if Vital System Support cannot come up with a solution

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:35:19 AM »
can you give us some Information, what and how you connected the MPG ?
then we can have a look to get the right brain done.

anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
it is a 6 axis MPG with resolution of 100counts per revolution,
ratio selection X1, X10, X100
DB-15 connection connected to J10 on the Hicon

wiring of the MPG DB-15 connection as per attached pinout of the DB-15 connection

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 02:16:12 PM »
peabrain

No I am not using a VistaCNC MPG with the HiCON as I am no longer using the HiCON as Mach4 did not suit my needs.
All started with the computer I was using with the parallel port died, did a lot of searching around for a ethernet control for the new computer that did not have a parallel port and setteled on the HiCON, tried to run Mach3 with the HiCON but had homing issues then switched to Mach4 and spent almost 6 frustrating weeks trying to work the kinks out of Mach4 to suit my needs then I gave up and went to the UC300ETH  and UCCNC software with the 2017 Screen that already has the Tool Change Auto Zero macro implemented and working and I use a VistaCNC P4-S MPG with this setup, the UC300ETH works with Mach3 also so I am able to flip back and forth from Mach3 to UCCNC at will on the same computer. UCCNC will run Mach3 G-Code files without any issues where as Mach4 would have some random issues with the G-Code files that run perectly in Mach3 plus I was never able to get a Tool Change Auto Zero macro to work in Mach4, so they are both shelved for the time being.
Nothing wrong with the HiCON or Mach4 it just did not meet my needs and run my machine the way I want it to run.
I found the support from Vital Systems to be top notch, I am surprised that they are not of more help to you with your MPG issue!

cv580
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 04:07:56 PM »
You need to put the MPG_Buttons_Selector.brn in the Brains folder inside Mach3 directory. Try using the included HiCON.xml plugin from the zip file as well. It's working fine with our MPG model MPG06ED from our online store which plugs directly into DB15 port on the Integra.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 08:39:19 PM »
ok this brain works properly with the enable/disable but it is only for 4 axis, my machine has 5 axis, the Hicon J10 DB-15 connection is capable of 6 axis
how do I add B axis to the brain?