Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:12:35 AM

Author Topic: Motor Configuration Problem  (Read 2711 times)

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
Motor Configuration Problem
« on: March 07, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »
Fresh install of Mach4 and I am not able to enter any motor tuning info into the Counts per Unit, Velocity, Acceleration, G Force, Backlash, Reverse, Enable Delay, boxes as they are all greyed out for all motors selected on the Motor Config page, not able to config any of the motors?

On the axis mapping page I am only able to choose motor6 or motor7 for a slave motor on the drop down menu, not able to enter any other motor as a slave??  I want to set motor5 as a slave motor.

Has anyone come across these issues ?
Re: Motor Configuration Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
Hi,
what is your active motion controller? Sounds like you don't have one at all.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
I am using the HiCON Integra controller, I can get motor movement in the test motion section of the HiCON plugin. Mach4 will not let me enter any info on the motor config page.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 12:46:25 AM »
Hi,
I'm not familiar with the Hicon, I use an ESS.

When configuring the ESS it also makes assignments in Machs core plugin as well. I suspect that the settings you wish to make should be done
in the Hicon plugin and it will set certain items within Machs core.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:03:16 AM »
In the motor tuning tab of the configuration dialog, select the motor on the right first.  Just click on one.  Not the check box, but the item itself.

Steve
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
You'll also want to double check that the motors are enabled in your Axis mapping page. You should be able to choose any motor to use as a slaved axis, as long as it is not already selected for another axis.

-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
Thanks Steve & Bryanna your info has helped.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »
I had this problem weeks back  you need to make sure you have the latest firmware in the hilcon ask vitalsystem  if your using the new mach 4 v2  I uploaded my firm ware and the motors worked
and the homing problem also worked I did have a few settings wrong vitalsusyems accessed it throught  the internet and fixed it quick  call them 

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
cv580,
Also you need to download all the documentation that on HiCON that they provide, it shows all the settings required to make it work.
Backlash settings are set on the HiCON configuration and work fine.
You are able to setup 6 Axis with the HiCON card we have 4.
We have setup Soft and Hard limit switches and all work fine.
We also can fully control Mach4 from the Controller via button control via the HiCON card.
We have our MPG directly connected to HiCON and it work perfectly.
Our HS Spindle is also controlled via the HiCON card.
The Vital systems company has great support, via Phone, Email, Mach4 Vital System Forum and also via direct connection to your computer.
Current Mach4 V3481 with HiCON V3481 firmware/plugin are rock solid.
You can also use later version of firmware but only use the same Version of plugins as Mach4.
Regards,
Mauri

Offline cv580

•  53 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 10:04:25 PM »
Mauri
Which version of HiCON  plugin 3481 do you recommend as I see two different HiCON version3481 plugins on their download page. I assumed the latest plugin would be the one to use so that is what I have been trying to make work (version 3663), I will try the one you recommend.  Nothing in their documentation about this!