Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:50:34 AM

Author Topic: GCode Sharing  (Read 37436 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: GCode Sharing
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 01:31:26 PM »
'Mach1 filter' will do this job converting .bmp or .hpgl files to GCode (it can be downloaded from the Artsoft site).

Any chance you could point out the link? I must be an idiot as I can't find that! lol!

As always, the work is beautiful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 02:13:32 PM »
Thanks for all the complements. You can download Mach1 filter from here :-

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6544.0.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:15:16 PM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »
Excellent, thank you sir-  ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 08:58:49 PM »
Excellent site. Clear and easy to navigate. You have spent a lot of time getting this stuff right by the look of it and the quality does you justice. You need to build a 10m router now to start making yachts :)
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Hey, Hello everyone I am a beginer and don't know how to design and cut. But I have built my machine and got the mach 3. and already cut a scorpian. beatifull. I m a carpenter but not a computer weeeez. LOL. So pleas help, where can I get some ready G code projects to download from and have fun, untill I learn all the tricks of the game. Thanx to anyone who can help me. E male: frmco@sbcglobal.net. Regards from California:

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 03:00:33 AM »
You could try this tiger which a few of us have cut now.
You need to adjust the scale DRO's for the size you require and Feedrates etc to suit your machine.

I used a 2.5mm ballnose cuter at a feedrate of 400mm / min. (although my acceleration settings only allowed this feedrate to be achieved on the straight runs). The first cut is deep so the start position should be just overlapping the work by 1mm or so or else cut at a very reduced feedrate.

I have also attached Gemme which is nice if cut in oak or teak. Again adjust the feedrates to suit your machine and reduced feed for the first cut.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
Thanx Tweakie.cnc I'll give this tiger a try and let you know the results. and if there are any more stuff please let me know. Thanx again

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
Here is another one for you. I haven't tried cutting this one yet as it was just an experiment to try 'BMP Bender'.

The .TIF was downloaded from the 'Majosoft' website and saved as a .BMP then converted to an .STL using the free program 'BMP Bender'. The GCode toolpath was created with the trial version of 'DeskProto'.

Looking at the Mach window display of the work shows the limitations of resolution associated with BMP Bender but as the steps are quite shallow these should be reduced in the cutting and may not even be noticeable in the finished work. As I said earlier, this is an experiment, perhaps someone would like to cut it and post their results.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »
Hi Tweakie.CNC I cut the G2t2 and it was fine thanks for the favour. I really should learn how to convert DXF files to G code for the mach. Do you have any Idea where can I get some information on that? I appreciate it.
Robert. frmco@sbcglobal.net

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:46:36 AM »
Hi Robert,

As you already have LazyCam as part of the Mach install this would be a good place to start. It is not perfect and still has a few little quirks but once you have learned to use it you should be able to achieve excellent results at converting DXF to GCode.
The Mach1filter (mentioned earlier in this thread) is also a good starting point for creating height / depth maps and would make a brilliant job of creating the G2T2 file (you have just cut) from a bitmap image.
The great advantage of these programs is the zero cost aspect and when your knowledge starts to exceed the programs capabilities you could then progress to more advanced (and more expensive) software. In other words, don't buy anything until you know exactly what you need.

Tweakie.
PEACE