Hello Guest it is December 14, 2019, 02:08:33 AM

Author Topic: GCode Sharing  (Read 32298 times)

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  8,022 8,022
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: GCode Sharing
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 03:41:12 AM »
Hi Robert,

A bit of extra info. You can download the LazyCam manual from the members documents section here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.0.html

Tweakie
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »
thnx I studied the manual and the instructions and learned quit a bit thnx for the big help.
Now I realized that my LC. can not load all of the G codes. for instance, I write a word and it only loads just 1 letter which is to big or half of the letter.
Is this because of the free version I have or not? and if so, I will then purchase a full version of Mach and LC. But altogether right now I have given up.
LOL. I am fed up. Thnx for your efford to help me, I seem to be hopeless. hahaha. but no problem I am very good at Golf and tennis instead.

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  8,022 8,022
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2010, 02:36:29 AM »
Come on Robert - Don't give up that easily.
Building your own machine was the hardest part - It's all plain sailing from now on.

You could try finding some DXF's that you like from this thread on the Zone http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19346 then using LazyCam create the GCode and start engraving stuff. Before you know it, your wife will be complaining that you have far too many place mats and coasters.  ;D

Tweakie.

btw. You are certainly not the oldest guy who is just starting out on the world of CNC.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »
Hey Tweakie.CNC:-)  I really appreciate your encouragement and I love you as a friend. I will now try what you suggested and let you know the results. thanks a million for the help. many regards: Robert