Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:21:43 AM

Author Topic: Syil X3 Spindle Not Turning On (and) Axis Moving SLOW  (Read 3946 times)

Syil X3 Spindle Not Turning On (and) Axis Moving SLOW
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
Hi everyone -

I recently bought a used Syil X3 milling machine. I bought and installed Mach3 on my WinXP computer. All went smooth. Now, I know nothing about CNC and am learning, so I'm going through my frustration period now  >:(

I hope this is the right place to post this - and I did do some research using the Search function, but couldn't get any answers to my specific problem/machine.

So here goes - I have 2 issues I'm facing:

1. I can jog the table and head, but they move REALLY slow, and using the shift-key, doesn't make it go faster.
2. My spindle will not start. I can turn it on by pressing the button on the machine itself, but now using Mach3.

I guess I'll stop there and see if there are any suggestions on where to start.

Help!!   ;D ;D
Re: Syil X3 Spindle Not Turning On (and) Axis Moving SLOW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »
This is where I started, and where I suggest you start as well.
http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/
If THIS leaves any questions unanswered, there are plenty of folks here to help.

First things first  :)

Welcome !
Russ
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:21:20 PM »
This is where I started, and where I suggest you start as well.
http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/
If THIS leaves any questions unanswered, there are plenty of folks here to help.

First things first  :)

Welcome !
Russ

Thanks Russ - this is what I needed - a place to start with! I'll read up and hopefully I'll get it all figured out ;)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »
Hi,
when you first start Mach its common for the jog speed to be very low, sort of saftey thing.

Try some MDI moves:

G0 X5 <enter>
X0 <enter>
X5 <enter>
x0 <enter>

This should move the X axis back and forth 5 units at the max speed you've tuned the motors to.

Is the spindle under Machs control? Its quite common for a spindle not to be, you just lean over turn the switch on then
start your Gcode running. Its nice to have Mach turn your spindle on and off and control the speed but often
its not really required, you can do heaps just by turning on and off by hand.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:57:13 PM »
Hi,
when you first start Mach its common for the jog speed to be very low, sort of saftey thing.

Try some MDI moves:

G0 X5 <enter>
X0 <enter>
X5 <enter>
x0 <enter>

This should move the X axis back and forth 5 units at the max speed you've tuned the motors to.

Is the spindle under Machs control? Its quite common for a spindle not to be, you just lean over turn the switch on then
start your Gcode running. Its nice to have Mach turn your spindle on and off and control the speed but often
its not really required, you can do heaps just by turning on and off by hand.

Craig

Interesting Craig. I didn't even know that people do that. Again, this is all new to me. Do you know how I would know (how to tell), or better yet, how to (have) Mach control it?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 12:35:09 AM »
Hi,
until you can get Mach to control your axes, you can jog around and issue MDI commands who cares about the spindle?

Do the first things first. Learn what you need to do to jog. Learn what you need to do to MDI commands.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 06:17:48 AM »
Hi,
there are dozens of different strategies for Mach to control a spindle. It depends on what sort of spindle you have and what sort of control you need.

The simplest control is to have Mach just turn in on or off, it could be as simple as a relay or a contactor for a bigger spindle or a Solid State Relay.
You could have the spindle go forward and reverse, if you need it, although I don't know anyone who has lefthanded cutters or drills, so it seems a bit pointless
to me unless your doing rigid tapping, and the fact that your asking tells me your not even close to the realm of rigid tapping!

Machs native speed control strategy is PWM. One output pin is turned on and off rapidly to emulate an analogue voltage which in turn controls a
DC power supply/amplifier for DC spindles or the analogue voltage input of a VFD for an AC spindle.

Another way is Step/Direction control not dissimilar to an axis motor. They are superbly accurate and often very powerful for rigid tapping an worth a FORTUNE!

To be honest a lot of people go overboard trying to control a spindle spending a lot of time and money on it when often they don't really need it, unless they
want to bragg (or toss off) about it. Start simple and work your way up to what you need, as opposed to what you want, assuming you not a bragger!

Craig
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 08:23:04 AM »
Hi,
there are dozens of different strategies for Mach to control a spindle. It depends on what sort of spindle you have and what sort of control you need.

The simplest control is to have Mach just turn in on or off, it could be as simple as a relay or a contactor for a bigger spindle or a Solid State Relay.
You could have the spindle go forward and reverse, if you need it, although I don't know anyone who has lefthanded cutters or drills, so it seems a bit pointless
to me unless your doing rigid tapping, and the fact that your asking tells me your not even close to the realm of rigid tapping!

Machs native speed control strategy is PWM. One output pin is turned on and off rapidly to emulate an analogue voltage which in turn controls a
DC power supply/amplifier for DC spindles or the analogue voltage input of a VFD for an AC spindle.

Another way is Step/Direction control not dissimilar to an axis motor. They are superbly accurate and often very powerful for rigid tapping an worth a FORTUNE!

To be honest a lot of people go overboard trying to control a spindle spending a lot of time and money on it when often they don't really need it, unless they
want to bragg (or toss off) about it. Start simple and work your way up to what you need, as opposed to what you want, assuming you not a bragger!

Craig

You're right Carig. I've been reading a lot and have seen that these machines (X3) don't usually come with spindle control and that's it's a process to upgrade the (controller?) or something else to get it to work. And Yep, I think I am overthinking it. Just tun on the spindle and run my GCode.

Now, I can jog all around, only it moves really slow. The prior (demo) install of Mach, had a profile that jogged fast - so I know the motors can go at (what I considered) fast. With my fresh install and license, they're running at like 1/3 speed. Could you guide me to now to fix that - what options/menu should I begin with?

(and THANK YOU) for taking the time to respond and help me out here, I REALLY do appreciate it buddy!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
Hi,
when Mach starts it is initialised with a slow feedrate. You can manually change that by issuing a F********* MDI command or include a suitable F********* in the initialization
string on the Config/General Config page.

Craig

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Mach3 jog Speed is based on max Speed of Motor Tuning, not on any F command,

if you want to increase your jog Speed

hit tab key in 1024 Screen set

then hit + and - button in slow jog rate aeria.

example here:

http://www.jcopro.net/2012/03/07/change-your-cnc-router-jog-speed-with-mach3/
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.