Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:57:21 PM

Author Topic: LazyCam 2.081 Issues  (Read 32833 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
LazyCam 2.081 Issues
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:40:25 PM »
Hi, Art

LCam Ver .081 needs .0000001 Connection Line Tol. to load my small airfoil test file, It took .0001 with .080

LC .080  loads it fine with .001 until you do offsets.

Was originally told it was a new importer issue, Guess not. 

Thanks, Chip

Thanks Art,Working fine with .000001 now.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:34:40 PM by afn09556 »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCam 2.081 Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 02:00:29 AM »
Hi Art & Brian

LCam .081 in Mach3ver 2.01.000, Some things to look at.

1. The red line Chain#0 shows 2 line segments and 1 arc., Should be 3 individual Chains, Really messes up the way you want to cut.

2. The second picture shows trying to move start point for one of the arc's, Turns into Circle, Will go away now when moved back.

3. Loaded file always has a rapid hight, Sometimes it's 0, 1 or 60 in Max Z Chain's Tab, Even if all Tabs show 0 for Z , The View shows some Rapid Hight when loaded. 

4. Where do you change the Drill peck distance, Only peck's first hole down to Z 0 then no peck to final depth..

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:39:52 PM by afn09556 »

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 10:07:08 PM »
Hi Brian, A few notes and problems with the V.081

When you click on a layer on the screen it does not update the layer name in the info bar, if I select the layer from the properties box it works but not from a screen selection.

How do you change the cutting order of the layers???

How do you select multiple objects on a layer, I have tried evry comboniation of keys I can think of none seem to work???

Thanks (;-) TP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »
 Hi, TP

When you click on a layer on the screen it does not update the layer name in the info bar, if I select the layer from the properties box it works but not from a screen selection.

"When you click on a item on screen it's only a Chain in the layer."

How do you change the cutting order of the layers???

"Click on Layer box move it on top of layer box you want it to be before or after, Depends on position."

How do you select multiple objects on a layer, I have tried evry comboniation of keys I can think of none seem to work???

"Use the right side  Red Single/Multiple button, Gray to light gray, Select any item on screen or layer items under layer chaines"

Working hear for me.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 11:57:27 PM »
HI Chip:

1. The red line Chain#0 shows 2 line segments and 1 arc., Should be 3 individual Chains, Really messes up the way you want to cut.

If lines are joined, they become a chain, no way out of that at the moment.

2. The second picture shows trying to move start point for one of the arc's, Turns into Circle, Will go away now when moved back.

Looks like a bug.. but moving a start point of an arc can be hard if you dont move end and center. I dont think you can do that yet. It shoudl be drawn in the right spot.

3. Loaded file always has a rapid hight, Sometimes it's 0, 1 or 60 in Max Z Chain's Tab, Even if all Tabs show 0 for Z , The View shows some Rapid Hight when loaded. 

Loaded files get set to defaults, all default have a rapid, you have to manually chnge them

4. Where do you change the Drill peck distance, Only peck's first hole down to Z 0 then no peck to final depth..

There is no peck cycle in Lazycam as yet. It only drills..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:50:17 AM »
Hi, Art

Art:  {If lines are joined, they become a chain, no way out of that at the moment.}

The lines arn't joined there all the same, Why not all ? Ref. the DXF

{ Looks like a bug.. but moving a start point of an arc can be hard if you dont move end and center. I dont think you can do that yet. It shoudl be drawn in the right spot.}

Just trying to move the start point to other end of Arc., All the arc's are correct, Just pointing out the full circle if you go past end point.

{ Loaded files get set to defaults, all default have a rapid, you have to manually change them}

When you load a 2D drawing it has 0 hight, View shows hight, All Tab's Z's show 0 even Layer Tab, Until  you select a layer, Just strange some times it's 60.
OooWell'

{There is no peck cycle in Lazycam as yet. It only drills..}

First drill point rapids up after reaching 0, The rest just drill, Just pointing it out. OK

5. Save as Shape File isn't working hear, File Open Failed Error.

Thanks for looking, Chip
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 01:02:31 AM by afn09556 »

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 01:02:02 AM »
CHip thanks . That is very confusing that you can select a chain but the layer name is wrong, very confusing at best (;-) TP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:55:28 AM »
Hi, Art

I simplified the drawing, the other one was way way too much to deal with, Sorry about that.

When moving Start Point/Leadens around, LCam seems to be adding a second Entity to Chain's/Lines.

This is on a line, 2 leadens, If you Delete one, It removes part of the line.

Thanks, Chip

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »
Hi Art & Brian,

Here is my latest test using LCam ver 081. I'm still getting the weird arc thing. Also, LCam is not placing tool change code appropriate for the layer sequence in Projects. I only get one call for a drill, and one call for an end mill.

Thanks again for all the rapid progress,
Paul, Central OR

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
Hi, Paul

What ver of Mach3 are you using see below, Rem-ed out 2 lines second tool change code.

What is the program you using for your view's hear ?

Thanks, Chip