Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:09 AM

Author Topic: PoBlocks (Pokeys 57U) - Stepper movement based on value  (Read 2665 times)

PoBlocks (Pokeys 57U) - Stepper movement based on value
« on: January 03, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »
I've had this Pokeys for a little while and had it running Mach3 on the bench.

I have a project that I'd like to do use the PoBlocks feature but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I understand the jist of the block-programming but am stumped on a situation.

I want to input numerical values (position values) through a HMI of some sort to move two steppers to those positions. That's basically it. I also wanted to use some I/O's to set conditions to lockout movement if some inputs are triggered.

I found another thread stating that PoBlocks can control steppers so I'm just wondering how I can manually enter values into PoBlocks.

Can the PoKeys/PoBlocks also run without being connected to a PC? I see you can set PoBlocks to run continuously so I assume you can power the board without a PC and have it run alone?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:40:06 AM by rbmgf7 »
Re: PoBlocks (Pokeys 57U) - Stepper movement based on value
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 01:47:16 AM »
I managed to run a stepper into a position without PC, using a previous example found here in machsupport, but values are entered with a rotary encoder.
So I'm still looking how to enter data from a matrix keyboard, or how can make it to communicate serial or i2c with an Arduino board...