Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:44:01 PM

Author Topic: XHC Mach4 USB motion board warning and info  (Read 31341 times)

Re: XHC Mach4 USB motion board warning and info
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 01:18:04 AM »
Hello Peter. Sorry for my English. I am real user from Russia.
Just say "THX" to me. OK?

Yep. This is screenset. I bought license Mach4 two days ago, and make my own screenset, inspired by Industrial, Hobby and Custom screensets. Working on progress...
Don’t do good – won’t endure the evil
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 01:20:52 AM »
OK well thank you for sharing. I will test this soon as the last driver was absolute crap haha
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »
I am new to the mach4 program and just building a cnc mill, but the MK3-M4 controller I got seems to work fine with the software.
I probably don't understand what the problem is that you're having.  
I'm using Mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe/p Mach4 Mill and it connects on usb ok.
What are you saying it can't do?

PS ... I have a problem with output assignments. I set output 3 to react to "spindle on", but output 4 is what gets activated.  Whatever I set up on output 4 actually goes to output 5 etc.
Quirky at best.  Also there was no usable +5v from the controller, making me use a seperate 5v psu.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:57:57 AM by Roaster »
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 01:43:42 AM »
Roaster, lucky man! Can you edit your screens?
Also agree 5v output would be nice. What driver version are you using?
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
Same as cnc-kursk stated ... folder on cd named XHC-MACH4 Card Driver-V5.10.2, contains NCUSBPOD.m4pw and NCUSBPOD.sig dated 8/22/2017.
Both files are to be copied to mach4\plugins
Latest driver version shown in release notes.txt is v5.10.1 2017.8.23

Yes I can edit screens
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 06:40:49 AM »
Hi Roaster,

Please upload your version of the driver or the release notes if possible.
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 07:45:41 AM »
Am I doing this right?
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
Anyone else got one of these boards up and running? I have the 3 axis version MK3-M4.
Are your output terminal assignments normal?  Such as you assign a function to output 4 and it activates output 4?
Cuz mine aint. 
Output 3 is stuck ON and the assignment for output 3 activates output 4.
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »
I simply can't get the outputs to function properly. If I turn off 4, then turn on 6 it turns 4 on again, then starts working the correct output+1. Basically if I turn off any output, the next ON command for any different output turns the last one that was turned off on again. It's unusable.
I looked at the macros in Profiles and found the file for M162 and M163 which are supposed to turn outputs on and off, but I'm not sure I understand the P# format correctly. Giving a command of M163 P5 does nothing.
The seller of the xhc board threw in the towel and refunded my money.
So it raises a question of what exactly is being transmitted to the usb motion controller board when Mach4 sends an Output# on or off command. Is there any way to echo the command like Universal G-Code sender does with GRBL?
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 06:50:16 AM »
Hi,
no I don't think so.

Mach no doubt has its own output format but that output will be processed by the motion controller plugin which will then communicate to the hardware controller,
As each manufacturers controller is unique, as is the plugin, there is no standard communication stream between the PC and hardware controller.

The good news is that you've got your money back. You can now buy something that works. Use the forum to confirm that your preferred device
does in fact work.

At this time there is NO Chinese manufacturer producing credible Mach4 capable boards. If they try to tell you otherwise walk away.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'