Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:19:45 AM

Author Topic: Testing new KX1-PC with Chinese version control system  (Read 19494 times)

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
Re: Testing new KX1-PC with Chinese version control system
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 06:04:53 AM »
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen (have to be politically correct :),

If you don't mind, may I be allowed to answer some of the questions posted here as I know some of the details as it pertains to the CNCed X3 and X1.

1) Arturo Duncan's questions - specifically, I know Arturo was asking if this KX1-PC was implementing the safety charge pump, spindle control and coolant pump using his C11 board. The answer is no (as it pertains to the C11 board) as this KX1-PC is presently being tested under the Chinese developed cnc software controller using the ethernet interface. Whether the Chinese cnc controller implements these functions (SCHP, spindle control & coolant pump), I have no idea as I still have to play with one. Double S - maybe it's time to send me one so that I can play with it :)
2) John S' question - The Red Bull controller is indeed using the DOS OS while the Sieg Chinese developed cnc controller is running under Windows XP/2000 using the ethernet interface. To add to that, as far as I know, the Chinese developed cnc controller is intended for the China market while the rest of the world will have the Mach3 software controller. Double S, kindly correct me if I am wrong.
3) P Riedie's questions - this, indeed, is a very political loaded question :) What Syil supposedly infers may be a language communication perception or mis-perception. I can understand the underlying Chinese language idiosyncrasies but I can not represent Sieg to give a definitive answer. Sorry!

Thanks and have a good day all,
Weedy

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 07:32:34 AM »
Oops, it is rather stupid of me not to notice that Double S had clearly indicated in one of the pictures posted that the Spindle is controlled by the software controller. Also, Estop is implemented and GCode implementation is Fanuc compatible.

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 07:43:53 AM »

3) P Riedie's questions - this, indeed, is a very political loaded question :) What Syil supposedly infers may be a language communication perception or mis-perception. I can understand the underlying Chinese language idiosyncrasies but I can not represent Sieg to give a definitive answer. Sorry!

Thanks and have a good day all,
Weedy

I think the word you are looking for  is not perception or mis-perception but mis - direction  ;D
One can't help but see the added value they are getting linking to Sieg's name.

Thanks for the reply on the controller.

John S.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »
John S.

I think you are being very, very perceptive over Syil's marketing , possibly missed by Sieg because of translation or other differences.
When they advertise their current machine it's advertised as an X3 converted to CNC, note the X3 term. Now Syil don't make the X3, Sieg does. Now when they sell this converted machine they even list it on their web site as being approved by Sieg.

" We have been become SIEG products CNC update support manufact-ure. We also provide original SIEG parts to equip your machines."

Whilst things are going right that's fine but look on CNC Zone at all the bad press they get, no documentation, slow to follow up, poor service and what stands out?

Not Syil but that it's a Sieg X3
Do a Google on Syil and the second hit says price increase for the X3. No the X3 hasn't increased in price but the Syil equipped machine has but Sieg are getting the blame.

Now if they buy the CNC ready machine they have to do even less, in fact they will become resellers and their lack of support will reflect worse.

If the machine shown is only available in he Chinese market then OK it won't affect the west but if a Mach 3 machine is released here then it could affect Siegs sales on both manual and CNC machines.

PR.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
Dear All,

The Chinese control system could be operated by windows.

The control board will use ethernet to connect the PC and the control box since almost every laptop has this port.

Double S
( Sparkling )
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 07:50:18 PM by Double S »
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
So, this has been over 6 months now. Is this machine available retail anywhere in the USA yet? Looks like a good alternative to Sherline and Taig systems, so I am investigating. Thanks!