Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:03:16 AM

Author Topic: Another Mad Project!  (Read 21500 times)

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: Another Mad Project!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 05:02:34 AM »
Benny

The mold is about 1" thick MDF in section.    MDF is only OK for a couple hundred forms, the heat really gets to it!

That Mold has been reprimed (Water based) and refinished once already, and will be replaced with a new Ally Mold next month.   We intend to run 1000's of these.

No Vacuum Cleaner motor here.   They can only pull a few inches Hg of vacuum.   I'm using an Edwards Dual Vane High Vacuum pump into a 20-25l tank.   I'm getting 28-29" Hg or 100Kpa which means the gauge is bang to the stop.   Even then it takes about 50 secs to get there.  Less time than the heating anyway.

The Material is 2mm thick.

Nooo Not a reason to inflict more Devo, but I did need about 2minutes of something to drown out the chugging of the vacuum pump.   Too Much Paranoia fitted perfectly.

They may tour Oz soon, if you get a chance go see them, it's a live show that even non fans tend to talk about for months afterwards.

Wayne.....

ynneb

Re: Another Mad Project!
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 05:16:15 AM »
Here is a thread where we discussed vac forming way back in 2004. You can see I have advanced towrds building one in that time :)
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3219

If you are on the so called inner circle, make sure you get me two tickets for free.
The only concerts I talk about for months afterwards are Pink Floyd ones.