Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:54:15 AM

Author Topic: Can not reinstall Mach3  (Read 4339 times)

Can not reinstall Mach3
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
My workshop PC recently crashed and I have replaced it with a Windows 10 machine with no parallel port. I successfully loaded Mach 3 and dry ran a couple of programs with no problems. Then I foolishly purchased a UC100 via ebay. Guess what, it completely screwed up Mach3 guess I should have known better. Anyway, I uninstalled Mach3 and now can not reinstall it. When I try to install it I get to the screen showing the progress bars and then get the following message:

Unable to create uninstall entry(2) C:\Mach3\1024.lset

Can anyone suggest how I can get Mach3 installed.

Any help much appreciated
Re: Can not reinstall Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
Hi,
you will not be able to run a parallel port with Windows 10. It may be that while you have attempted to load the
driver it has failed and you may have to use the control panel to dig it out.

You will need something like the UC100 to run your machine. I understand that there are any number of UC100
knock-offs on Ebay currently. Best to buy from the manufacturer or their nominated distributor. Apparently the
knock-offs don't work with the genuine CNCDrive plugin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
I purchased the UC100 because I knew Windows 10 will not run Mach3 on a Parallel port, and when I installed it I did not include the parallel port driver. The advert for the UC100 claimed no driver was required and they supplied a plugin file Mach3.

After trying to reinstall Mach3 I checked my drive and there was a Mach3 folder with two files, 1024.set and 1024.lset. There is also a folder Uninstall with two files, uninstall.dat and uninstall.xml. There was no other files in the Mach3 folder. I have looked at the files using Notepad and with the exception of the xml file they are all in Chinese.

I have downloaded a fresh copy of Mach3 from the Mach downloads, deleted the files and folder in the Mach3 folder, deleted Mach3 folder. Then tried to install Mach3 but still get the same problem.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:31:45 PM »
Hi,
I don't know whats going on, sounds like you were on the right track.

One thing is for certain is that the UC100 is not Chinese, its Hungarian. I think you got stung. How much
did you pay if thats not a rude question?. The genuine article is about$120US.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:33:29 PM »
Hi,
you don't need a driver, its USB and the driver is provided by the OS. You DO need a plugin.

Craig
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 07:39:43 AM »
If it did not require a USB driver then it is not a UC100, but a chinese fake controller.
The UC100 requires a USB driver to be installed, but our UCx00 automatic installer application available for download on our website takes care of installing both the USB drivers and the plugin.
With the chinese controller you don't need to install a USB driver, because it works as a HID device, so the driver is installed in the OS which can only throughput 64kb/sec data max., so it is far slower communication as what the real UC100 does, and so the motion path will have a much lower resolution, because the speed update loop can be be about 8 times slower than it is with the real UC100.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:41 AM »
I purchased the UC100 on ebay, around £40. I did get the money refunded, so I'm not out of pocket.

My main problem now is getting Mach3 loaded onto the PC. I'm pretty sure that there must be an entry in the registry that is causing the problem, but I'm not very proficient at editing the registry, so unless someone can direct me to where the problem may be I'm pretty stuffed.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »
Hi,
if there is a registry entry I have no idea what it is...sorry. How do Chinese manufacturers achieve such market dominance when they pull stunts
like this!

Craig
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 05:45:17 PM »
Thanks to all who have replied.

I have managed to crack my problem  >:D. After many hours googling and reading up on Windows registry and editing it I decided to bite the bullet and have a look at the registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE I found a folder MACH3 with a sub folder UC100. I deleted the MACH3 entry and sub folder. Rebooted the PC and reinstalled Mach3. Bingo! All went as it should and I now have a working Mach3.

So lesson learnt - "DON'T USE CHINESE RIP-OFFS"
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »
Hi Ted,
publish your advice far and wide, hundreds have or will fall into the same trap.

Craig