Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:19:03 AM

Author Topic: All the Gear and No Idea (as to why nothing happens)  (Read 8894 times)

Re: All the Gear and No Idea (as to why nothing happens)
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 09:24:49 PM »
So I've taken a few more proper screenshots do they help ?
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 09:25:46 PM »
More..
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Hi,
your right, all of them are blank.

First things first, tell me more about the DRO situation.

Try jogging on the flyout and observe the DROs. You absolutely have to get this sorted or all else is meaningless.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »
You've spent long enough with me on this for the moment I don't want to monopolise your work here. I must go now aas it's almost 3 am here on the edge of the National Forest.. I have client's bars to finish and post in the morning. So must go now..Is it OK if I return to this post Monday Evening ? I will have absorbed a smidgeon of what's required regarding G-Code..
Basil
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
NOTHING happens when I jog on the 'flyout' or when I try the up/down etc buttons on the keyboard..AND the Mach3 message on startup says driver loaded..OK for the moment from the land of the heavy SMOG clouds, to the land of the Long White Cloud, Kia Ora..

http://www.waikiki-islanders.com/assets/12%20Farewell%20(For%20Just%20A%20While).mp3

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:28:25 AM by Tweakie.CNC »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 06:25:19 AM »
Thanks 'Tweakie' unfortunately I am not au fait with Windows and PCs, I have always used Macs. So, I don't know how to do a screenshot in windows; so I've copied the Mac3 folder onto a portable dive (just for this purpose of doing a screenshot of the contents) and on the mac I CAN take a screenshot. There is no file <profile.xml> file but there is a file 'profile' that's a text file and it contains just the text :- Mach3Mill.
I appreciate your help..

Hi Basil,

Don’t worry about the .xml file as I see from your screen-shots that you have not yet defined any Mach3 configuration settings.
You need to find out (from your CNC supplier) the Step, Direction & Estop pin numbers (relating to the 25 way Parallel Port connector) so that these can be entered into the Mach3, Ports and Pins settings page. Once that is done you should be able to obtain machine axis movement.
Your CNC supplier may also be able to provide you with a fully configured .xml file which can be copied into your Mach3 folder – this will have all the Ports and Pins ready configured for your CNC machine.

The set-up procedure is laid out in the Mach3 manual which can be downloaded from here;   http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/
There are also many helpful video’s relating to set-up and motor tuning etc. available if you browse the Newfangled website http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »
Hi Basil,
as tweakie points out there should be info on pin-outs from your supplier.

It should still be possible to get the DROs to track MDI and jog commands. The settings you've highlighted are associated with the parallel port,
ie the motion control output, the DROs should work even in absence of any of those settings.

There may be one thing to try, I'm doubtful that it will work but it may....its not like I haven't been wrong before.

On the Config/Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs page enable (check mark) the X, Y and Z axes. You don't, at this stage need to fill in the pin numbers, we
are only trying to get the DROs working. May pay to restart Mach and try MDI and jogging on the flyout screen. If that doesn't work I'm wondering if you've
got a corrupt copy of Mach. If that's the case delete the original and download a copy of the .062 version and try again. Its probably a good idea to use the
Control Panel to manually 'dig out' and delete the parallel port driver and have Mach install a fresh driver at the same time. The only thing you need to save
from your current installation is the licence file, usually called Mach1Lic.dat in the Mach3 folder.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 07:44:29 AM »
Everyone is being so helpful, but please excuse my apparent dumbness; Trust me I am not dumb I lecture on the university circuit here in the United Kingdom on "Music Technology and Performing Arts" and know most computer based audio and video editing/creation programs inside out..BUT this it totally new to me as is Windows; although invented by Mac I find it a little hard to grasp some of the vagaries of the child of "Mac'.. nonetheless, I'm slowly grasping the 'nitty gritty' and switching back and forth betwixt my systems is no problemmo now after a few initial hectic days; This mid septuagenarian says thank you from the heart of my ..... oops, oh my nearly said it !
No, I thank you from the Bottom of my Heart..
Is this the " Step, Direction & Estop pin numbers (relating to the 25 way Parallel Port connector)"

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2017, 08:05:24 AM »
Is this the " Step, Direction & Estop pin numbers (relating to the 25 way Parallel Port connector)"

Yes indeed sir, they look like the pins you should be assigning to the various Step & Direction, etc. functions (They will all be Port 1)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
Sir ? as long as you don't spell it Cur"..
OK the onscreen digital readouts now coincide with the tab opened jog wheel, AND the keyboard up/down Left/Right etc buttons BUT the milling machine is not responding at all..I've inported G code for the Mach3 G code folder, demo's I presume; They run "On Screen" but the miller does not.
What's next please ?
BTW, this is who I am :-->
https://youtu.be/nFNytJTJ9AA
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:59:07 AM by basilhenriques »