Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:21:24 AM

Author Topic: E-Stop not working  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: E-Stop not working
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »
I hook up the micro switch for limits on X axis to P11 & GND and it does nothing when the switch is activated.

This switch must be using the Normally Open (N.O.) contacts and the Mach3 Input related to pin 11 must be configured as Active Low.

(The other switches are then configured in a similar manner).

Tweakie.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:31:01 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
Hi,
have you assigned on Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals X++, X--, Y++ etc?

Your post suggests that you are going to have one circuit for each axis, so you will need to enable X++ and assign to pin 11 port1,
X-- must be enabled and assigned to the same pin, ie pin 11 port 1.

You should now with a small piece of wire short pin 11 to either 0V or 12V of the input pin powersupply and see the limit switch LED
on the diagnostics screen light up. Whether it lights up when pin 11 is shorted to 0V or 12V will depend on the 'active low' assignment
you've made on Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals page.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 01:29:16 PM »
Here I am in march 2022 with the same issue, so I called Automation Technologies because it seems insane to require anything other than the 5volts and ground to allow the p10 estop function to work, but that's exactly the situation I have. I add to this thread knowing others might arrive here, and at the very least they should know that the 12-24 volt requirement is for functions like the use of the onboard relay or spindle control.

This is the thread that rises to the top on a google search when you search for 'estop doesn't work', so I'm not sure it's time to abandon it.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2022, 03:09:28 AM »
I didn't see an edit button, so I attempt to add on to my story.
I just went ahead and dropped another wire down from my pc to this break-out board adding the 12volts and continued trouble shooting. I found that I had assumed port 0 was the first and only port, mine is port 1. With port one and pin 10, I got ESTOP working. I then disconnected the 12volts and ESTOP no longer worked.

I want to believe the person I talked to at Automation Systems knows his product, so I think it's likely I have a counterfeit, and that someone made some unnecessary dependencies on the 12-24 volt VCC.

Hat off to Ger21! Many thanks!

gbrecke
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2022, 05:22:21 AM »
Look at the pin inputs on the diagnostic screen and check they light up when you ground the pins.  Have you selected active low for the pins?