Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:49:45 AM

Author Topic: Inconsistant ATC Positioning  (Read 8464 times)

Inconsistant ATC Positioning
« on: March 01, 2017, 05:23:15 PM »
I'm having lots of trouble with my 8 Position Turret on my TCL160

I have searched the forums up and down in the hope of finding the correct information from what I can see, I think the M6start was written by Hood (Forgive me if I'm wrong)
Calling tools from the MDI line works for all the tools entered, however the movement of the Turret is inconsistent. Also If I enter G0 A360 I would expect the turret to rotate 360 Degrees, It doesn't.
I try repeated G0 A45 in an attempt to get the turret to rotate 45 degrees each time but I get inconsistent moves.
I also installed a Homing sensor to the turret but that does not seem to help, each time I home the Turret the DR) does not reset to 0 which is what I would expect?
It's sometimes behave as though it's a 6 tool turret ?
I have tried many variations of Steps/per in  motor tuning but that did not help, tried 33.33, 66.66 etc etc, no luck

I have attached both my XML and M6start files so if anyone can spare a wee bit time having a look I would be very grateful, someone out there has got a machine with an 8 way turret working correctly. If M6Start macro is not the best way, what is?

Many thanks

George

Where am I going wrong ??
One step at a time!
Re: Inconsistant ATC Positioning
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »
Are trying to rotate the turret in incremental mode or absolute? If incremental repeating A360 should cause a complete revolution each time in the same direction. If absolute mode and you are somewhere other than 360 it should move to 360 the first time you input A360 and not move the next time because you are already there. A45 in incremental moves you by 45 each time. A45 absolute takes you to 45 from wherever you are. Doing it again produces no motion.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:26 PM »
Hi, Garry, I must be in incremental mode because the tool Turret moves with each command. Movement never seems to be the same? Sometimes 45 degrees others maybe 90? The dro reads ok but the movement of the turret does no necesserally match it.

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:24:04 PM »
Turrets have rotational inertia. You could be loosing steps because your acceleration setting is too high. Try a low setting and see if the moves become consistent.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:29:26 PM »
Turrets have rotational inertia. You could be loosing steps because your acceleration setting is too high. Try a low setting and see if the moves become consistent.

I'll give that a try,
Many thanks
George.

One step at a time!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 05:30:31 PM »

I'll give that a try,
Many thanks
George.

How do I check the Mode Gary, ??
One step at a time!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »
Has anyone looked at my MSstart Macro or my MAch3XML file to see if I have any errors ??

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
G90 is absolute and is modal (stays set) G91 is incremental and is also modal.
M6start macro check please
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 04:01:06 AM »

I'd be grateful if someone could check the attached Macro for errors.

I'm getting inconsistent travel on my Boxford TCL160 8 position rotary tool turret.

Many thanks

George

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:04:58 AM by Len-Tikular »
One step at a time!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
I don't have a turret to check out the movement (where's Hood when you need him ;) ) so I can't test it for you but some things to try

put a code "G90" at the beginning of the macro and see if you get the same behavior.  Eliminates some other code changing it to G91 mode.

If the error is repeatable then perhaps your steps per rev are messed up, unlikely.

If the movement is truly random then it is either mechanical, loosing steps from too great speed/acceleration or loose coupling, or electrical noise on the line.

My two cents.

HTH

RT