Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:31:08 AM

Author Topic: Inconsistant ATC Positioning  (Read 8462 times)

Re: Inconsistant ATC Positioning
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
Good news,

Homing is much faster  ;D
Tool selection calling t101, t201 t301 etc from the command line now work  ;D I owe you a beer.

Now going on  :P

When the required tool is selected and the turret rotates I need it to run back against it's stop for every tool selected, when it's there then the DRO needs to be reset maybe  ??? I'm a bit confused about tis.
Also when I home the turret I have placed my sensor in such a position that the turret moves past the tool required, Is this correct ? and if so can it then be instructed to back against the stop ???

I'm grateful to you for your help and to all others too.

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
When the required tool is selected and the turret rotates I need it to run back against it's stop for every tool selected, when it's there then the DRO needs to be reset maybe

I don't know what is 'right' but if that is what you want to do then in each place where I commented out the line like this one for tool 4:

REM    SetOemDRO(803,4)

you would remove the REM and change it to:

SetOemDRO(803,135)

I assume you are using stepper motors and backing up against the stop until the stepper loses steps. then I guess this would work.  Personally I would make your moves
G0 A138
while isMoving()
wend
G0 A135

No need to then reset the DRO.

Like I said I don't have a turret so I don't know what the proper way to use it.

Good luck

RT

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »
I think you're right RT, I will drive past the tool position and drive a few degrees against the stop.

I'll report back tomorrow.

Thanks

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 03:45:23 PM »
I think you're right RT, I will drive past the tool position and drive a few degrees against the stop.

Great, I've done as you suggested and with a bit of twiddling it works just fine.

One final thing and I think I'm there,
When I ref the turret the DRO may have some information other than Zero and the tool number may not be No1
Can the Turret DRO and tool number be set when referenced ?

Thanks

George
One step at a time!
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2017, 04:45:02 AM »
When the required tool is selected and the turret rotates I need it to run back against it's stop for every tool selected, when it's there then the DRO needs to be reset maybe

I don't know what is 'right' but if that is what you want to do then in each place where I commented out the line like this one for tool 4:

REM    SetOemDRO(803,4)

you would remove the REM and change it to:

SetOemDRO(803,135)

I assume you are using stepper motors and backing up against the stop until the stepper loses steps. then I guess this would work.  Personally I would make your moves
G0 A138
while isMoving()
wend
G0 A135

No need to then reset the DRO.

Like I said I don't have a turret so I don't know what the proper way to use it.

Good luck

RT

Great, I've done as you suggested and with a bit of twiddling it works just fine.

One final thing and I think I'm there,
When I ref the turret the DRO may have some information other than Zero and the tool number may not be No1
Can the Turret DRO and tool number be set when referenced ?

Thanks

George
One step at a time!