Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:27:24 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 turn Screen change went wrong  (Read 3035 times)

Mach 3 turn Screen change went wrong
« on: February 24, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
Hey guys,
So I was in mach 3 turn and changed my sreen to the blue one. Now under wizards it shows milling. I tried going back to previous factory view and its not under (View-Load Screens-) there is a 1024 file but it brings up mill screen. on bottom right is says Mach3Turn. Still no turn wizards...

Id like to change to a screen that has 3 axis dros. I am lathing on mill and would like to know Y DRO units.

Thanks,Zach
Re: Mach 3 turn Screen change went wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »
okay so I just added the wizards to the mill file .. all work but the OD Fillet2  and ID fillet2 which im trying to do right now. Why do all the other turn wizards work but this is making a circle instead of a .750 in z move with a radius at the end??? I uploaded a pic so you can see my settings and the code posted
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:14:39 PM by nissan20det »
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »
that pic looks cut off here are settings

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
To change to a different screen set you use
- View>Load Screens
- On the fly out you select which type of screen set you wish to use.
There are Mill screens and they have the extension ".set" and there are
Lathe screens and they have the extensiion ".lset". You just click the arrow and you will see the choices.
- Click Open and and you will see what .set  or .lset are available.

The Turn Wizards reside in the TurnAddons folder.

Id like to change to a screen that has 3 axis dros. I am lathing on mill

I have never done lathe work on the mill. I would suggest a specific profile
if i was doing what you are so that the desired screen and wizards would be available.

Depending on the tool to be used, note that there is a difference in the tool tables of lathe and mill. ALso there are two modes in the lathe
namely radius and diameter.

Note that for the lathe, the right hand rule still applies but you are looking from a different view in ZX, so generated code from the wizard may require reversing of the arc's and there may be other issues.

Have Fun and will say that a mill is not a Lathe...............

RICH  
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »
Hey Rich good to hear from ya again how ya been!.

So I'll try to see if other settings are off. I do use two different profiles. I use Mach turn for lathe and mill for mill.lol. but the problem is not changing on the fly. I never have changed it before I just found out you could the other day. Now I have installed 3 different turn specific screens and none show only the .set's do. I searched my whole C:/ drive I didn't know they are .lset for lathe tho. Maybe when selecting it was only letting me see .Set's. now what my real problem is, I can't revert back to factory turn screen what's it called I can't find it. Do you know the folder it should be under?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:24:52 AM »
Set files should  be in the C:\Mach3 folder if that's where you installed Mach.
Use Explorer, go to the Mach3 directory, sort by type and you should see the .set and .lset files.
The default one for lathe is 1024.lset

RICH
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 11:36:19 PM »
Sweet okay ya it was stuck only looking at .Sets wile changing screen in Mach turn. I had to change the drop down search to .lset....

Thanks Rich!