Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:15:31 PM

Author Topic: Spindle direction control  (Read 28595 times)

Re: Spindle direction control
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 06:38:49 PM »
Yes I am using the standard milll profile.
M3 macro says dospinCW while M4 says dospinCCW.
I am beginning to suspect some thing is wrong in ports & pins though so far I have not spotted it.

tmsmith

Hood

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 06:41:54 PM »
can you post your xml here so I can take a look.  I dont know a lot about the standard spindle setup as I have not used it but I may find something amiss.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:51 PM »
In P&P-spindle setup I have M3 output 1
                                       M4 output 1
spindle relays enabled.

To check other settings means a trip to the shop which I cannot manage until tomorrow.
Malcolm

Hood

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »
As I said I have never used that methd to control a spindle, I use a PLC and ModBUS, I would presume however that you should have different outputs for M3 and M4. Do you have the outputs set up for this?

Hood
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »
Hi Hood, I am back again.

In setting up the outputs I am following the DigispeedXL User Guide, page 20, Spindle set-up tab.

This says 'M3&M4 commands are used to control the same output signal. For this example Output No1 is used.

I am trying to send my Xml file but experiencing difficulty - will keep trying

Malcolm
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 10:52:42 AM »
Hopefully Mach3.mill.xml

vmax549

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 11:14:34 AM »
OK, lets back up a step, What type of speed controller are you using this on, Sherline type(DC motor) or VFD?
You are using the XL version correct?
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »
Hi Vmax,
The mill is fitted with a 130V DC motor and this is controlled by a Lenze534 speed controller.
It requires a 0-10volt signal for speed control and the direction is controlled by switching current direction using a power relay driven by the direction relay of the digispeed XL board.

Malcolm Smith

Hood

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 02:38:21 PM »
OK I see how this is working now. Get a voltmeter or scope and put it to pin 17 on your parallel port, go to MDI and type in M3 and see if you get 5V then M4 and see if it drops to 0V. If it doesnt then it looks like you may have a port or cable problem, If it does then it will have to be investigated further.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 03:56:39 PM »
I have checked the voltage on pin17 but not at the port but at the xylotex card.
Using m3/m4 I could not detect any voltage change.
I will repeat this at the parallel port on the computer if I can get at the pins.
In checking Mach3 configs I noticed one 'strange' thing.
In the digispeed guide it is written, output 1 is chosento drive the enable line, it has been configured to act on pin 16 of the port.
In the illustration it shows pin14 used. My pin is set to pin14 but if I set it to pin16 it reverts to pin14.
Pin 14 is unused but the digispeed board is enabled ok!!!!
I am not sure what to make of that.

Will go and see if I can check the voltages at the parallel port

Malcolm